Vacancy No VN1485
Employment Type Permanent
Location Country United Kingdom
Who are V.Group? As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.
Overall Purpose of The Job To provide global support to all ShipSure Digital projects, for the management of vessel performance, digitalisation, new legislation and other special projects as required.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks 1. Analysis of vessel’s operational and fuel performance
2. Review performance claims and provide support / feedback
3. Develop knowledge management tools to support enhanced vessel performance management and machinery optimisation
4. Support and lead the various work streams as required for the delivery of the V.Group’s Digital agenda.
5. Support and lead the various work streams as required for the delivery of key V.Group Innovation projects and strategy
6. Support the development and implementation of machine learning, “big data” and other analytical tools
7. Support the development and implementation of ShipSure Digital projects
8. Provide oversight / point of contact for EU MRV and IMO DCS compliance reporting
9. Provide Technical knowledge and support to the departments integrated Data Science Team
Required Experience - Degree in Marine Engineering or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft office pack
- Proven abilities to work collaboratively with others
- Flexibility and Ability to work with various departments within the company.
- Ability to be self motivate for planning and executing tasks and projects.
- Willing to travel in support of business requirements
- Excellent communication and management skills
What can I expect in return? V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.