Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a FM Static BMS Engineer to join the team at Cranfield University. Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager, you will be expected to take full responsibility for the building maintenance systems across the campus. As part of this role, you will be required to work a rotating shift pattern Monday-Friday (7am-3.30pm and 09.30am -6pm) but take a flexible approach depending on site demand and needs. You will complete a variety of tasks related to this role to ensure the continued smooth operation of the clients' site.
- Carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Carrying out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
- Being on a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover. One week in five.
- Assisting other team members when required or as directed from the Contracts Manager.
- Attend client meetings as necessary and have valued input into the University's BMS systems moving forward.
- Ensuring that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales and that KPIs are met.
- Proactively reduce energy consumption on site assisting the University to achieve its 5% reduction target, year on year.
- Overseeing and working closely with our BMS sub-contractor who attends site two days a week.
- Adopting a flexible attitude in relation to assisting the Contract Manager and other team members.
- Carrying out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Understanding and completing all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- Carrying out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- Complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
Who are we looking for?
Qualified to City & Guilds Level II/III or equivalent in relevant disciplines to role of BMS engineer
- Have extensive knowledge of both Trend and Johnson Metasys BMS systems
- Experience of electrical/mechanical maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Experience of working within static role desirable.
- An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
- Strong customer care focus.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive approach.
- Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
- Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
- Full UK Drivers licence.
- Live within an hour drive of Cranfield University
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.