A leading medical products and equipment manufacturer in Norfolk are looking for Maintenance and Utilities Engineers to join their engineering team with both permanent and contract roles available, working a 24/7 (days and nights) shift pattern.
You will be responsible for all preventative, predictive, reactive maintenance and process improvement/development tasks relating to but not limited to the utilities (boiler operation, compressed air generation, chilled water & cooling tower operation and effluent plant operations), critical systems(Water for Injection production, including water softeners, reverse osmosis and water distillation plants) and sterilisation processes across the site.
You will also support other engineering teams to deliver improved OEE, CAPEX improvement and validation projects.
Other responsibilities include:
Candidates will have experience with:
- Perform routine daily checks and inspections on utilities equipment, including steam boiler operation, effluent systems and CHP plant.
- Maintain the production and delivery of WFI through the processes of water softeners, reverse osmosis units, vapour compression distillation systems, water storage and distribution systems.
- Comply with all company EHS/GMP/GDP policies as well as all regulatory body requirements.
- Have the ability to fault find, PLC control systems, 3-phase and low-voltage electrical systems.
- Have the ability to fault find, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Competent in fault diagnosis, both in a breakdown and a preventative situation using RCA processes to ensure recurring faults are minimised.
- Ensure effective overhaul and rebuild of equipment.
- Continuous improvement projects through good to great initiatives, 6S programs, budgeting exercises and spares identification.
- Recording of all works completed, including validated CMMS systems, written records and operational log sheets. Issuing of spare parts and consumables.
- Electrical/Mechanical systems such as PLC systems, low-voltage control systems, three phase systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Total production Maintenance practices.
- Water treatment and purification experience such as Reverse Osmosis, Ion Exchange processes, Water Distillation.
- Steam system operation and maintenance to include steam production, condensate recovery and heating systems, boiler house compliance.
- Compressed Air Systems.
- Solution transmission systems.
- HVAC systems.
- Working to deadlines and the ability to follow instructions.
- Able to work from P&ID and wiring schematics.
- CMMS systems.
Suitable candidates will hold a recognised engineering qualification and have experience working in a GMP manufacturing environment i.e. the pharmaceutical, medical devices, food/ FMCG industries. Candidates will also have proven experience of identifying and proactively resolving complex technical issues by using including continuous improvement and RCA techniques.
To apply for this role please click the ‘Apply Now’ button or send an updated CV to Rebekah@blackfieldassociates.com
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.