Successful candidates can expect to work in an Agile environment whilst engaging in the development of products and applications using a range of IT software including Qlik.
The role is wide ranging not only in the practical elements of developing products but also managing stakeholder relationships with, for example data suppliers and system users.
Experience Required/Key Criteria:
- Thorough understanding of Qlik Sense or equivalent and its functionality for improving data visualisation;
- Comprehensive knowledge and capability on how to build Data Models, creation of Expressions and Variables;
- Understanding of Agile methods, how it works best in systems and product development;
- Experience in developing excellent visualisation products that meet or exceed user requirements and present data in a way that best supports user insight and decision making.
Demonstrate success in working together with colleagues and stakeholders through:
Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and at pace by:
- Experience of building strong, trust-based relationships across a range of customers and delivery partners, ensuring excellent collaborative working;
- Engendering positive team spirit and working towards a common focus;
- Working with others and using all available resources to develop visualisation products to tight deadlines.
- Delivering in a rapidly changing environment;
- Ensuring new products or enhancements are delivered quickly in response to user requirements and feedback;
- Ability to understand complex problems, identify solutions and communicate these appropriately;
- Proven ability to show sound judgement and innovate behaviour.
- Continuously developing and maintaining high quality and expert skills in Qlik Sense and associated systems i.e. Discoverer, Hyperion and SOP;
- Championing Agile development of new Qlik Sense Applications to increase efficiency of processes when replacing existing products or systems;
- Proactive in the Sprint & Development Phase, with full involvement in Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Ups, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives in conjunction with Product Managers;
- To assist User Experience, supporting the training of users of delivered products/systems and ensure that configuration management standards are applied;
- Ensuring clear and timely communication with all key stakeholders throughout.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Able to demonstrate how to build expressions, variables and master items which result in the creation or visuals.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension