Overview: UI/UX Developer
Location: Quorum Business Park, Longbenton, Newcastle upon Tyne
37 hours per week
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum depending on experience
Do you want to join us on our future journey?*
NCFE is an educational charity and an Awarding Organisation with a core purpose to ‘promote and advance learning’ for a fairer society. For over 170 years, NCFE has been at the forefront of technical and vocational education, helping to support and progress millions of learners in employment through its portfolio of qualifications. The company is an End-Point Assessment Organisation at the cutting edge of Apprenticeships, whilst also offering leading e-assessment, diagnostics, and digital education services through its innovative technical platforms as part of Skills Forward. Purposeful people drive NCFE and create a vibrant and high performing culture, ensuring that the organisation is always moving forward towards collective success with the learner at the heart of everything we do.
A bit about the opportunity, our team and you…*
We are excited to be looking for a UI/UX Developer and would love it if you come and join us on our future journey.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a highly skilled team across multiple business areas to champion UX and Design's value as part of the software delivery team and help deliver world-class products and services.
You will be working with a highly skilled Agile software development team as we embark on delivering a new integrated platform that will be used to provide technical and professional qualifications in the UK and internationally. You will be directly involved in designing and implementing solutions and services using the latest tools, technologies, and best practices. You will be producing high-quality products and services and are keen to contribute positively to the working environment we have established at NCFE.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Passion for UI/ UX
- Working knowledge of prototyping software (sketch, Figma, XD)
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Strong communication, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Creative and analytical approach
- Continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies
- Experience of conducting user research
- Ability to translate brand guidelines into digital assets
- Drive and agility to always keep a project moving in the right direction
- The desire to always better yourself and question everything
- Ability to communicate design decisions to product owners, stakeholders, and the development team
- Ability to work within an Agile environment
- Mobile First/ Responsive Web Applications
To find out if this is the role for you, please take a look at the Job Description.
As an organisation we have ambitious levels of performance that we strive for. We have high expectations of every one of our talented colleagues and recognise the contribution each one makes to our success.
All our employees are rewarded with:
- Company Pension, employer’s contribution up to 9%
- Life Assurance (4 x basic salary)
- £200 development allowance per year
- £400 towards any NCFE accredited qualifications
We also support your health and wellbeing by giving all colleagues access to:
- 25 days starting annual leave increasing by 2 days after 2 years’ service
- A flexible and agile approach to working
- Westfield Health Cash Plan worth up to the value of £1,045
- Fika - a mental fitness platform created by performance psychology experts and designed to help people develop the 7 skills of mental fitness
- Employee Assistance Programme - a 24/7 confidential help line to support with issues from financial advice to face to face and telephone counselling sessions
- Doctor Line - same day appointments and speak with qualified doctors via video conference on your mobile phone to ensure you receive the treatment you need as soon as you need it.
Want to know about NCFE?
Take a look at our website https://www.ncfe.org.uk/
Interested? Here’s what you need to know…*
If you think you have the skills to become a UI/UX Developer at NCFE, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply online directly through our website with your current CV detailing the skills and relevant work experience which makes you suitable for the role.
Closing Date: Monday 8th* November 2021*
Interview Dates: Tuesday 16th* and Thursday 18*th* November 2021*
Location: Q6 Quorum Business Park,Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne NE12
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Work Location: Multiple Locations