- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience writing high quality, maintainable SQL on large datasets.
- Ability to write code in Python, Ruby, Scala or other platform-related Big data technology.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau or QuickSight.
- Exposure/Experience in Bigdata Technologies (hadoop, spark, presto, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Expertise in the design, creation and management of large datasets/data models
- Experience working on building /optimizing logical data model and data pipelines while delivering high data quality solutions that are testable and adhere to SLAs
- Experience in using various data design patterns and knows when/when not to use one
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specifications
Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, Mr Robot and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Prime Video Finance Business Intelligence team seeks a Data Engineer to help the business leverage data better to produce new insights and enable smarter decision making. You will design, create and maintain large datasets that feed into high level global business reporting, and can also be used by analytics teams globally as a source for deep dives. You will be responsible for maintaining the performance of Amazon Redshift clusters that are used by worldwide finance teams, ensuring cluster resources are optimized so that data can be extracted quickly.
The successful candidate will thrive in a data driven environment that seeks business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable to aid decision support. Obsessed with solving complex problems and passionate about the potential of analytics to drive a business forward, the successful candidate will relish the prospect of driving forward Prime Video's Analytics to the next level. Mindful of dependencies and able to make sensible trade-offs, you will be hands-on with a passion for code and design. Your end product is usable datasets with business value!
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Amazon Redshift
- Experience with cloud-based architecture and deployment
- Experience with AWS technologies
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of belief colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.