VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 48 CES VA20 RPA 871680
OPENING DATE: 21 July 2020 CLOSING DATE: 20 Aug 2020
POSITION TITLE: CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PAY: £11.58 per hour
PAY PLAN: S-0802-07 CATEGORY Full time 37.50
LOCATION/ACTIVITY: RAF Lakenheath
BENEFITS: Benefits include paid annual and sick leave and opportunity to join Group Stakeholder Pension
Scheme. For additional information contact the LNDH team on 01638 544955
You will independently perform analysis and conduct inspections of various systems to include building exteriors, interior decorations, roofing, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, fencing and signage to determine or confirm the extent of short and long term repair & refurbishment works that will go to contractors for execution. Consideration of the present and future use of the facility, reviewing previous blueprints, specifications, drawing and plans; considers possible courses of action and selects the most appropriate methods to get the works accomplished.
You will also provide planning duties in a specific area but may work in other specialties when work load requires. Determines the legality of requested work by referencing applicable regulations and policies governing extent of allowable work. You will also be required to perform inspection and quality oversight of the contracted works and sign off on testing, commissioning and acceptance of work once complete. You will work as part of a team and be required to liaise with base customers and contractors as well as create the relevant documents from cradle to grave.
You will be required to brief supervisors of progress and to update work tracking spreadsheets.
Please provide detailed work experience as it relates to the required competencies listed below, as this will be used to determine your
qualification for this position.
_1. Must have either specialized experience or education and training as listed below: _
_ _* a. Examples of qualifying specialized experience *to include technical work in drafting, surveying construction estimating, physical science, mathematics, aerospace, architecture, chemistry, electrical or mechanical systems, mining, petroleum, or nuclear systems.
b. Education and Training: experience in a trade or craft may be credited as specialized experience, for work that provided intensive knowledge of engineering principles, techniques, methods and precedents, or successful completion of a full 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree (a) with a major study in an appropriate field of engineering, construction, or industrial technology; or (b) that included at least 9 months in any combination of courses such as engineering, construction and drafting . **Copies must be submitted with application form in order to validate the requirement**
2. Must have experience with the full range of engineering functions and processes.
3. Must have experience with the full range of facilities layout and all building components of building systems.
4. Must have experience in reading drawings, plans and specifications as well as analyzing/assisting in design of facilities.
5. Must have experience with current automation technology and practices as well as a variety of civil engineer programs.
6. Knowledge of safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws, regulations, and current legislative issues.
7. Knowledge of basic mathematics to computer quantities and prepare cost estimates.
8. Must have experience with drafting principles, methods, and techniques to prepare designs and drawings.
9. Ability to communicate orally and in writing and work independently.
10. Ability to access or locate information through the use of an electronic means i.e., computer to research, analyze, interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. A full valid UK Driver’s License, Category B, is required for this position.
2. Work may frequently require travel away from the normal duty station.
3. May be assigned other duties that are appropriate to the grade and series of the position.
4. Must be able to satisfactorily complete/obtain an applicable UK Security Clearance.
5. Will be required to wear appropriate safety wear in the course of your duties
6. Please note that this position may be coded as mission essential.
Security clearance Immunizations Pre-employment FOOD HANDLERS Defence Barring Service medical (DBS ) certificate
HOURS OF DUTY:
Monday – Friday 0800-1600 hours however may be required to work overtime or uncommon tour of duty.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Citizens of the U.K., Nationals of European Community (EC) Countries, and Commonwealth Citizens, other Foreign Nationals, and Stateless persons provided no restrictions have been imposed as a condition of continued residency in the UK.
Applicants will need to submit necessary documents with the application form to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the
This position may have certain restrictions to US citizens due to the SOFA agreement. For additional information contact the LNDH
team on 01638 544955
How to apply:
Interested candidates must complete an application form obtainable from the Civilian Personnel Webpage: www.mildenhall.af.mil/info/civilian- personnel. All applications, with relevant attachments and/or CV/Resume must be submitted via email before the closing date of this vacancy.
Applicants who have a minimum of five years consecutive residency in the UK are considered for this position; however, those
_who do not meet this criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. _
_ _ Proof of identification in the form of a photo ID will be required, for example a Driving license or current passport. All successful applicants will require a security clearance. Please note Pre-appointment Security Clearance requirements may delay start date.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY There will be no discrimination in employment practices based on gender, age, marital status, disability,
EMPLOYER: race, nationality, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, being or not being a member of a trade union.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.58 per hour
- Category B (Required)
- NVQ/City and Guilds/Degree (Required)