Our Building Services Electrical Engineering department are looking to appoint an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join their team in Glasgow. With great levels of business growth and exciting projects secured across an array of sectors to include; defence, blue light, commercial, education, healthcare and heritage sectors, the successful Intermediate Electrical Engineer can expect to gain exposure to varying clients and opportunities.
The successful Intermediate Electrical Engineer will join a collaborative and team orientated Building Services department in Glasgow where they will have on hand guidance and support to further develop their career within a leading multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
As Intermediate Electrical Engineer your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing contracts
- Preparing designs and reports
- Deputising for senior staff as appropriate
- Working closely and following instructions from Team Leaders
- Liaising directly with Clients and Contractors
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time
- Minimum 3 years’ design experience with a construction consultancy or contractors
- HND or degree in a relevant subject - Building Services
Further skills and experience we’d like you to have:
- Knowledge of engineering principles
- Strong knowledge of the construction industry design processes and procurement arrangements
- Knowledge of current legislation e.g., Building Regulations
- Knowledge of specification/NBS Engineering (desirable - not essential)
- Structured wiring system and security systems design experience (desirable - not essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of BS7671
- Electrical and lighting design software experience -Hevacomp/Nimbus/Dialus/Amtech - previous experience in Revit MEP will be advantageous
- Confident verbal communicator with strong written communication skills
- Driven for progressive and continued learning
If you are interested in our Intermediate Electrical Engineer role in Glasgow, please do not hesitate – apply now!
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards
- Annual BeingPickEverard awards
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Discount Scheme
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note we are not accepting speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations