Installation, Testing and Commissioning (ITC) Engineer-TRCS-UKDY02132498
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as an Installation, Testing and Commissioning (ITC) Engineer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Derby working on onboard ETCS (European Train Control System) systems, Network Rail conventional projects including level crossings and other Bombardier systems.
In this role you will be responsible to carry out installation, test and maintenance activities. This is a safety critical position and vital to the validation of the signalling Control System in accordance with legal and Network Rail Line and Group standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of test documentation, perform and participate to test activities;
- Report nonconformities and test logs to the project team;
- Continuous optimization of ITC Engineering processes/tools/behaviours by considering business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions;
- Make sure that all electrical safety measures are enforced and followed;
- Conduct on site works.
- Formal qualification in Telecommunications, Electrical, Mechanical or related field;
- Proven experience within railway industry;
- IRSE (Institution of Railway Signal Engineers) licensed in relevant category desirable;
- G110 competence and experience desirable;
- Valid PTS (Personal Track Safety) certificate desirable;
- COSS and SWL desirable;
- Detailed knowledge of UK signalling systems represents a plus;
- Knowledge of Bombardier systems represents a plus;
- Flexibility to work on shifts and weekends;
- Be able to work both independently and make own decisions but as part of a team as well;
- Meticulous, paying attention to the details, good communication skills;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: