Head Office Nuneaton
The Desktop Engineer will be an integral part of the IT Operations and Services function, where key responsibilities include:
- Managing desktop support requests and ensuring they are delivered against agreed SLA's by setting work priorities across all members of the Desktop Support team
- Providing first-class technical support to users, whilst assisting on various projects and rollouts
- Ensuring user documentation and access of IT services is clearly documented and updated
- Working closely with colleagues within the wider IT support teams
- Ensuring efficient management and tracking using the IT asset register
- Perform regular quality checks on all IT equipment provisioned to starters and returned from leavers
Strategy & Vision
- Responsible for maintaining delivery of IT Desktop Support services to agreed standards and SLAs
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the vision and strategic imperatives for the Operations & Service function, ensuring it continues to deliver high quality services that meet business and user expectations.
Team, Stakeholders and Customer Service
Ways of Working & Culture:
- Demonstrate excellent communication and stakeholder management, ability to collaboratively work with colleagues from inside and outside of the Desktop Support team.
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience for internal customers.
- Develop an understanding of the business, strategy and priorities as well as solid relationships with stakeholders across the organisation.
- Demonstrate and promote exceptional customer service across the Desktop Support team
Professional qualifications and experience:
- Extensive knowledge in all areas of Desktop Support delivery.
- Be able to demonstrate strong stakeholder management and relationship building
Personal attributes and skills:
- A minimum of 2 years in a 2nd line Position
- ITIL knowledge/experience
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365, Microsoft Azure (AutoPilot, InTune/MDM)
- Experience of ServiceNow, Jira, Process Automation & Workflows
- Understanding of scripting and command-line language
- Experience in deploying, installing, and maintain PCs and software, tending to all adds, moves, and changes
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a high level of personal integrity
- Comfortable with managing uncertainty, ambiguity, and change in order to make decisions and recommendations
- Drive, resilience, focus and energy with high level of emotional intelligence
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Number of Hours: