Chubb Birmingham, Unit 16, Hale Trading Estate, Lower Church Lane, Tipton, W Midlands, DY4 7PQ, UK.
Chubb Fire & Security, part of the Carrier global group of businesses, is currently recruiting for a D&A Engineer (Detection & Alarm). The main goal of this role is to carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of fire detection, fire alarm and associated equipment and products. Further to this you’ll be promoting the products and services of Chubb.
What can we offer you?
- £18385 base with an achievable OTE of £45K
- Company vehicle
- Experienced, dynamic and highly skilled leadership team
- 24 days holidays plus bank holidays, plus option to purchase additional days
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- Fully funded study
- A central Benefitsprogrammethat offers a wide variety of discounts, soon to include Health & Wellbeing services
- Bravo Awards whichrecogniseoutstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence
What will I be doing as a D&A Engineer?
To be successful in this role you will:
- Carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of fire detection, fire alarm and associated equipment and products to relevant legislative and Company’s qualitative standards
- During normal activities identifying and following through sales opportunities within area of responsibility
- Where required will plan andorganiseown workprogrammeto ensure that it is carried out in an efficient andorganisedway
- Complete all appropriate documentation and records, in a timely fashion to the required standards
- Support therotaschedule as required, to maintain a reliable and responsive out of hour’s service for customers
- From time to time may be required to work outside of normal geographic Business Unit area to provide sickness, holiday and workload cover
- Will actively attend and participate in anycompany initiatedtraining and maintain an up to date knowledge of technical aspects of role
- Shares technical andproblem solvingability skills and knowledge with colleagues in the team
- Complete and fully comply with the necessary Health & Safety training
- Comply with all company procedures associated with Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety aspects of the role
- Ideally have gained arecognisedElectrical or Electronic qualification and experience of installation or servicing of Fire alarm and Emergency lighting systems would be beneficial
- Approved Electrician and/or City & Guilds 236 Pt 1 and 2 in Electrical Installation and maintenance or equivalent desirable
- Full UK drivinglicence
- Fire Detection & Alarm systems
- Must be able and willing to participate in out of hour’s standby and call outrota
- Demonstrates commercial awareness
- Must have a confident and professional manner in front of customers
- Being able to problem solve in a logical manner
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Honesty and self-motivationisessential
- Must be presentable at all times ensuring company uniform and vehicle are kept clean and smart to promote a professional image
Able to read prepared plans and technical sketches, service and repair systems in accordance with information provided, and record changes to and the location of equipment on the installation drawings and the O & M manual
More about us:
Carrier make modern life possible by deliveringground breakingfire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and services.
Chubb Fire & Security (a Carrier Company) is one of the mostrecognisedfire and security brands in the world. For over 200 years, our mission has been to make the world a safer place by protecting our customers with essential systems, equipment and services. From digital CCTV surveillance and intruder alarms to fire detection and suppression systems, we provide a full range of innovative products and services to customers, including most FTSE 100 companies.
With a reputation for innovation and integrity, we are always looking for new ways to provide leading edge, peace of mind solutions to our customers.
We welcome applications from talented Detection & Alarm Engineers, Fire Engineers who live within a commutable distance of West Midlands, Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Tipton
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice