Software Test Engineer
Up to £30,000 Per annum, depending on relevant skills and experience ( Negotiable)
Flexible working hours, 23 days holiday plus all bank holidays, Pension, free parking, and excellent career development and training opportunities!
TeamJobs is excited to be working with an expanding and stable leading Electronics Manufacturer in the Poole area. part of what makes them so successful is down to their highly motivated and dynamic staff. They recruit those whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem-solving shine through.
I am on the lookout for an experienced Test Engineer to join a dynamic team in a fast-growing company. You will be responsible for the quality assurance of all software and embedded firmware developed in-house by the software team. This includes new products and practices, as well as maintenance and new features on existing products and library modules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Desirable Technical Skills and Experience:
- Testing of all software and embedded firmware including integration, unit, system and acceptance testing
- Quality assurance of all software and firmware
- Build and release management of all software and embedded firmware
- Understanding and use of Version and source control to control correct versioning and storing of all code and associated configuration management
- Continuous integration using industry-standard tools and best practice
- Automation of all processes and testing where possible
- Create comprehensive test plans, test scripts and document all testing and results
- Deployment of software and firmware
- Good understanding of network protocols (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP etc.) and security principles
- Knowledge of testing embedded software and web technologies
- A working understanding of code and script (C++, C, C#, python) and other related technologies
- Good understanding of physical interfaces and protocols e.g. serial, USB, Ethernet, I2C, SPI & TCP/IP
- Experience using version control systems such as GIT
- Experience using integration tools such as Jenkins
If this is you and would like to find out more about this exciting role then please get in touch today, all applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Thanking you in advance for your application.