Job - Programme Engineering Manager
ID - 149868BR
Location - Harlow
The Programme Engineering Management (PEM) role within encompasses engineering management and delivery of the programme’s engineering work packages to budget and timescales, on various defence and commercial engineering projects across a range of Raytheon’s business sectors.
This role is within our Global Sensors business area, supporting our Air Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) programmes, reporting to the Head of Engineering for Global Sensors
Expected knowledge & experience:
- Generation of the Engineering development plan and then execute against Raytheon’s standards and aligned to the overall Programme’s needs from early bid phase through to final delivery.
- Work package management including planning, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators for the work to be performed, working collaboratively with the Programme Manager and rest of the Programme Team.
- Line management of a multi-disciplined (electronics, mechanical, software, systems and design authorities), including resource planning, performance management, goal setting, appraisals, reward, recognition and timesheets.
- Management of the various baselines for the Engineering work packages, including Requirements and Design baselines, and associated configuration management.
- Close liaison with Design Authority to ensure technical integrity of programmes
- Manage cost adherence to the programme budgets, using ‘earned value’ techniques.
- Risk Management for all Engineering deliverables, including effective mitigations and monitoring to reduction of risk or closure.
- Ensure all phases of the engineering lifecycle are subject to Peer Reviews and Gate Reviews in accordance with the development plan and that problems and issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure all documentation, specifications and deliverables are completed in accordance with the programme delivery milestones, including correct Design Certifications are achieved.
- External technical point of contact and liaison for key customer organisations, management of programme’s contractors & sub-contractors.
- Establishing and implementing the process improvement across engineering and the business as agreed with the Heads of Business and Heads of Function using and sponsoring Six Sigma
- Supporting Business Development in their roles of securing new business and setting strategy for the business.
- proven expertise in managing delivery of complex multi-disciplined development programmes, using discretion in tailoring effectively to meet challenging programme needs.
- Clear understanding of financial management and impacts on programmes.
- Experience and knowledge of managing and motivating a group of engineers with varying and diverse skill sets.
- Good problem solving skills, developing technical solutions with a high degree of ingenuity and creativity, using processes and teaming from a varied “tool box”.
- Can operate on day to day issues without losing sight of the longer-term “big” picture.
- Effective communicator internally and externally at all levels, and represents the organisation and programme professionally and with integrity.
- Resourceful and resilient in achieving the commitments of the Engineering function.
- BSc / BEng. in Engineering, Science, or Aeronautical Engineering.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.