At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Subsystems Engineer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Derby.
As a Subsystems Engineer, you will be responsible to apply the principles of system engineering to the subsystem architecture, interfaces, design and to the selection of major components.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To manage the functional and technical interface between Vehicle Engineering and TCM (Train Control Management) Engineering according to the vehicle engineering process and to provide a single point of contact in expertise for all functional and technical topics of a subsystem;
- To assemble software and/or hardware items through all levels up to form a complete subsystem, according to the architectural and design specifications;
- To carry out requirements engineering and controlling change and communicating to relevant stakeholders;
- To analyze and transform specified requirements, leveraging the defined platform and available components into an acceptable architecture which has the required safety integrity level and to validate the architecture against requirements and assumptions;
- To examine and judge whether the output of a specific development phase fulfils respective requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science;
- Proven experience in system engineering;
- Knowledge of CCTV system design and systems integration is desirable;
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools such as DOORS is advantageous;
- The ability to work closely and communicate effectively with colleagues and engineers across functions, with customers, suppliers.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: