Data Analyst – Service Performance Analysis
Would you like to use your analytical skills to support and improve business performance at Portsmouth Naval base? You will have a background in driving evidence-based decision-making through the use of modern visualisation tools and robust, secure data management methods. We currently have a vacancy for a Data Analyst at our site on the Portsmouth Naval Base.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a naval base supporting our warships through the use of analytical skills to interrogate data analyse business performance and summarise the data to provide meaningful analysis
Your main responsibilities as a Data Analyst will involve:
Your skills and qualifications:
- Act as a source of data management, visualisation and business analysis knowledge, embedding and promoting good data management practices.
- Collect, organise and study data to provide service delivery insights.
- Work with wider team to establish consistent data capture routines and improve data integrity and map out full data journeys.
- Use data sets to enable forecasting and monitoring of performance indicators.
- Develop further our presentation of data in ways useful and intelligible to the wider team.
- Design and maintain a suite of tailored data visualisations to enable evidence based decision making.
- Review processes to propose appropriate performance indicators to be placed on the system and collect data to analyse and report on evidence based outcomes.
- Review, refine and add to existing process mapping to better articulate the service and identify areas for potential improvement.
- Conduct route causes analysis on process areas then summarise and present evidence based conclusions.
- Work as part of the team to support the progressing of identified improvements to an evidence based conclusion.
- Support the culture change activities required to embed a Service Provider culture and System thinking principles.
What we're looking for in you:
- Strong Data Analysis background
- Knowledge of data transformation and visualisation software (Tableau/ Alteryx advantageous)
- Knowledge of different aspects of Data Analysis lifecycle such as visualisation, implementation and migration.
- Ability to organise data and analyse trends to improve performance.
- You must be enthusiastic and passionate about your contribution, able to build rapport and influence with all levels of management.
Portsmouth Naval Base
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
At Maritime Services, we embrace flexible and modern working arrangements and feel this is an important part of the benefits that we have on offer. It helps us to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. This role can be undertaken either full time, part time, job share, flexible hours or we would welcome your suggestions for how we could make this role fit your circumstances.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Join us and help to define the future of global maritime defence capabilities. With approximately 3,500 employees based at five UK locations and revenue of £600million, we pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around and offer significant opportunities for committed employees to learn and grow with us. Our people are encouraged to be as creative as they can be and are always looking at ways to develop and challenge the way we do things, identifying and prioritising continuous improvement activities across the business
From our headquarters in Portsmouth, we are proud to support the Royal Navy in global operations. BAE Systems Maritime Services delivers end-to-end support to over 50 per cent of the Royal Navy's surface fleet. Our services include ship upgrades, repairs, dockyard facilities management and provision of combat systems training. We also develop and support the Royal Navy’s complex equipment, such as radar, torpedoes and small boats.
With our international programmes and core support to the Ministry of Defence, you could find yourself working on the iconic Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers, Type 45 Destroyers, Type 23 Frigates, Type 26 Global Combat Ships, Hunt Class Mine Countermeasure Vessels, Offshore Patrol Vessels, historic ships and more. Our highly skilled teams design, develop, support and maintain a wide range of complex equipment. This includes Spearfish, one of the most powerful and capable wire guided torpedoes on the market. Currently undergoing a major upgrade programme, Spearfish will soon benefit from further sophisticated advances in its homing, warheads, tactical and fuelling systems, as well an upgraded guidance link. Then there’s Artisan, the 3D radar that can identify a target the size of a tennis ball, travelling at a speed of more than 2000 miles an hour more than 25 kilometres away!
Join us and the projects you’ll be involved in will form the backbone of the Royal Navy for decades to come. You'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
We recognise that an inclusive and diverse workplace – where all employees feel respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential – is vitally important. Not only does it inspire creativity and collaboration, it’s good for business. We celebrate our differences and believe our diverse skills, abilities and perspectives strengthen our culture and our overall performance.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.
Job Business Support
Primary LocationGB-ENG-HAM-Portsmouth Naval Base
Closing Date 26/Nov/20, 5:59:00 PM