BCLE - 07 - 21
140 West St, Glasgow G5, UK
About Gerald Eve LLP
Gerald Eve provides property consultancy services to investors, occupiers and developers. We operate a national network of nine offices and an International Alliance, with partner firms covering 20 European countries and all major US markets. Our specialist sectors include industrial and logistics, alternative markets, the Scottish office market, public sector and corporate real estate services.
Gerald Eve’s partners take pride in their reputation as leading experts and our highly regarded sector specialist teams continue to attract the best talent in the market. We offer comprehensive property advice to public and private sector clients, which includes over 40 of the FTSE100 and some of the largest property portfolios in the UK. Clients benefit from long-term trusted advisor relationships, with client teams providing advice across the full spectrum of property services.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the way in which we value our people, our size and open plan workspace which supports collaborative working. Gerald Eve thrives as a privately-owned partnership and the “we are all in this together” approach is respected across the business. Our values define our culture: Trust and Integrity, Respect, Friendliness and Excellence. We are a previous Times 100 Best Employer and Estates Gazette Employer of the Year 2018. Our Diversity approach is central to the business, championed by our Senior Partner, Simon Prichard, who is currently Chair of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) UK and Ireland Board.
What is it like to work at Gerald Eve?
Most new joiners to Gerald Eve remark on the friendly welcome they receive from colleagues. From lunch-time yoga and pilates classes, sports teams and book and chess clubs to pro bono and charity work, we strive to strike the right balance between work and social activities. In 2018, we won the Vitality Healthiest Workplace in the UK award (mid-sized firm) and we encourage healthy eating and mental wellbeing across the business.
We are a responsible business and recognise that our staff often benefit from flexible, agile working arrangements, something we are open to exploring with candidates.
About the Team
The Building Consultancy Group provides Building Surveying, Lease Exit, Project Management and project Monitoring Services to commercial property occupiers, developers, and investors throughout the UK from our offices in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. The Group enjoys strong and productive relationships with a first-rate client base and with many other parts of the business, including our Agency, Investment, Valuation and Asset Management teams and has been identified as an area for strategic growth.
The Glasgow Building Surveying team currently comprises 1 partner and 1 assistant building surveyor. The team is currently experiencing a period of sustained growth with a high number of enquiries across a range of different sectors. We are looking for an ambitious person to join us and help drive forward our expert service offerings.
The Glasgow Building Consultancy team are seeking to recruit a Surveyor or Senior level building surveyor to help lead development of the team in Glasgow and to realise the opportunities to further develop the business. The successful candidate will lead and support junior members of the team, be an expert in their discipline and will report directly to the head of Building Consultancy.
- To help lead development of the Building Surveying team
- To help develop the professional services offering of the business, particularly, dilapidations, technical due diligence, vendors surveys, RCA’s and PPM’s
- Support the team to deliver more complex instructions.
- To build a portfolio of key client relationships, both internally and externally, founded upon technical expertise, enthusiasm and outstanding communication skills.
- To assist in management of more junior members of the team, including the APC process, ensuring that they fulfil their potential.
Salary and benefits:
- MRICS qualified
- First rate report writing ability
- Proven IT skills, including high-level Excel competency
- Well organised, efficient, uses initiative and able to work to tight deadlines
- Good written/communication skills with an eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail
- A commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships
- Flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service
- Positive attitude
- Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
- Car allowance
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life and Accident insurance
- Group income protection scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Wellbeing Allowance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
- Professional subscription (MRICS) paid for by the firm
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programs. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.