Come to work and be ready in an autonomous environment, work with a great team & grow your skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution Centers are the key to getting new products out into our stores: TK Maxx and Homesense. To keep up with our ever-changing merchandise, we operate at pace and can adapt easily to new discoveries. No day is the same, and that’s just how we like it. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different—and support each other along the way.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Shift Maintenance Technician to join our Engineering Team in our flagship Distribution Centre in Wakefield.
Reporting to the Shift Engineering Manager you will work a 42 hour per week continental shift pattern. You will carry out reactive and proactive maintenance on building services systems and Electrical needs within the Processing Centre, assist the automated shift Automation Engineers when needed and carryout weekly and monthly checks within the PPM guidelines. The role requires the individual to be a team member, flexible and used to working to the high standards set by the department.
Duties will include:
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly Building services planned maintenance
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly compliance checks
- Fire system call testing
- Fire system pump testing
- Welfare facilities checks
- Assisting Automation Engineering team when needed
- Resolution of maintenance requests
Skills and Qualifications
- Possess a full electrical qualification (18th Edition) along with hands on experience within installation and maintenance works.
- Excel System Installation certification
- Good understanding of building management systems
- Familiar with fire testing regulations
- Familiar with site sprinkler systems and testing requirements
- Experienced in Building Services systems and equipment as outlined above.
- Previous experience within similar position, inclusive of fabric maintenance (painting and decorating, Joinery etc.) would be an advantage
Up for the challenge? Come Discover Different at TJX—we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of merchandise—at all times of the day—and that takes working, learning, and growing together alongside championing our culture. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centres.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.