The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Previous relevant experience
Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Additional Job Description:
- Work proactively & independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
- Collaborate with fellow developers to ensure common approach taken to delivery.
- Full Software Development Lifecycle
- Ensure code developed meets the requirements, get the code reviewed by peer/ senior developer to ensure it meets the quality standard
- Component Design/ Coding/ Unit Testing/ Debugging.
- Follow and stream-line development and release process.
- Responsible for day to day build activity and deliverables.
- Mentor junior team members and provide technical oversight for Belfast team
Java / J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Angular JS, Oracle, JUnit, SQL
UNIX, JUNIT, JENKINS, SONAR, SWIFT Exposure, Autosys,
- Associate should have experience in core Java J2EE development
- Building Tools advantageous
- Exposure to Asset servicing domainn is an added advantage
- SQL/PL SQL (Oracle experience preferred)
- Exposure to Kafka, ignite & Gemfire will be an added advantage
- Possesses good level of business acumen and financial business knowledge
All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement .
To view the EEO Policy Statement .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting .