Location- North East England/Newcastle
Field Service engineer is responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair and validation of a wide range of Thermo Scientific equipment, including but not limited to Centrifuges, Incubators, Safety cabinets, Water Purification and Remote Monitoring Systems. Work mainly with territory but some overnight stays will be required.
What will you do?
Assure responsive telephone support and diagnostics, as well as on-site Services to exceed the customer’s expectation. Ensure our customer are successful when using Thermo Fisher Scientific instruments. Actively promote our contract products and other services.
Who we are looking for:
- Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible.
- Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Is responsible to manage the company’s assets provided, such as Car Stock/Inventory of Parts, Computer, Telephone, general Tools, Software, Company Car, Manuals etc.
- Optimise the own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatching function, Team Manager, others).
- Is responsible to report accurate and timely of all activities as required (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.)
- Assures alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of Thermo Fisher Scientific and informs other business partners of important information with respect to our customers (e.g. information about new purchases via lead generation)
- Contributes to the field service business by actively participating to the continuous improvement initiatives within IES.
(experience, skills & abilities)
What’s in it for you:
- Professional background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering or related subjects
- Experience servicing analytical equipment or equivalent
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- PC skills - use of Microsoft products
- Desirable - Field Service experience
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region but frequently as well through UK /European Territory. For training or special calls, international travelling including all EMEA Territory.
- Good English skills, both verbal and written
- Driving License
Excellent benefits - Private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, life assurance + flexible additional benefits.
25 days annual holiday
Training, career progression and opportunities within a world leader in serving science.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.