We’re looking to grow our team and expertise, we have a vacancy for a Directory Services, PKI & HSM Engineer to help develop and evolve our service to meet the fast-changing needs of our partners.
You will combine strong technical skills with a consultative approach and ability to both work in a small team and work under your own supervision. Experience of managing projects and working with a team or delivery partner to successfully implement applications, infrastructure and network migrations will be vital to succeeding in this role.
Where the successful candidate is appointed from elsewhere in the Civil Service or externally, they will join the organisation on DFID Terms and Conditions. Following the merger of FCO with DFID we are reviewing our overall reward package, and this will be negotiated with our Trades Unions over the next few months. Questions about this should be directed to SCRecruitment.
We’re interested in people who can demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Server OS’s
- PowerShell scripting for Administration and Automation
- Programming preferably C# and .NET or Powershell
- Active Directory including Role Based Access Control and Least Permissive Security models, LDAP, ADFS
- MIM and SmartCard / Yubikey CMS Systems / Concepts
- Understanding of Authentication methods, including Certificate Authentication, within various protocols
- Experience with PKI, and preferably would have worked with HSM devices
- Understand the principles related to PKI and HSM, including certificates, private keys, encryption methods, and advanced key usages, symmetric and assymetric encryption mechanisms
- Familiar with information security concepts and products
- A sound knowledge of encryption algorithms and peripheral technologies.
- Please refer to the attached Candidate Pack for further information on the detail of this role.
Respect, collaboration and trust are our core of our values. We believe in our mission to protect the most sensitive information in the UK. We can only do this by being an inclusive, diverse and flexible organisation.
Due to the current global pandemic our recruitment process will be completed virtually. This means we’ll conduct all our interviews online using Microsoft Teams.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Changing and Improving
Delivering at Pace
Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Digital, Data and Technology Profession framework - Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Digital, Data and Technology Profession framework - Specialist Infrastructure Engineer
This role is being advertised on behalf of The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.
At FCDO we can offer an excellent benefits package please see link for more information: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-development/about/recruitment#great-reasons-to-work-with-us
The Foreign & Commonwealth office (FCO) and the Department for International Development (DfID) merge on 1st September 2020 to form the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). The FCDO pursues out national interests and projects the UK as a force for good in the world. We promote the interests of British citizens, safeguard the UK's security, defend our values, reduce poverty and tackle global challenges with our international partners.
FCDO is an equal opportunities employer and actively promotes and encourages diversity and inclusion. We will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race and/or ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, socio economic background, mobility, nationality, family, marital and/or partnership status and religion.