Duties / Responsibilities (Including Objectives of the role):
To own and drive quality activities in support of new Lotus product development. This role is specifically to support the EEI (Electrical & Electronic Integration) BICEP ensuring all new products / systems are robustly designed and validated using recognised engineering quality tools & techniques. This role will offer exposure throughout the whole lifecycle of product development, allowing the opportunity to define and improve the way we work, building on past experience but with an innovative approach to delivering excellence. Working closely with Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers, the challenge will be to ensure delivery of a robust, reliable product ensuring we learn from past lessons.
Main duties to include:
- Drive and facilitate Failure Mode Avoidance activities (QHR, PFMEA / DFMEA etc) within the Electrical / Electronic (EEI) BICEP
- Ensure robustness of BICEP DVP
- Support development of Project Robustness Assessment
- Conduct virtual and physical fresh eyes / campaign prevention reviews
- Concerns management and progression
- Product and part Quality inspection process & standard generation
- Support Quality attributes and reliability target definition & acheivement
- Understand new vehicle system functionality and test / validation requirements
- Ensure Vehicle validation processes are aligned with new vehicle content / techology
- Ensure Engineering data / drawings / specifications are robust and will deliver a Quality product
- Capture lessons learned within the BICEP to feed into project level events
- Become subject matter expert within Quality department for Electrical / Electronic systems & techologies
- Lead problem resolution and root cause activity using 8D / Six Sigma Methodologies
- Support vehicle reliability evaluations with technical and diagnosis support
- Support Supplier Quality Engineering in delivery fully approved components for new products
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
- HNC minimum in an automotive engineering discipline
- Experience of automotive electrical & electronic systems either as OEM or Tier 1supplier
- Ability to demonstrate application of engineering quality tools & techniques
- Experience of the application of engineering quality tools in a vehicle programme
- Must have an appreciation of automotive engineering quality tools within vehicle programmes
- Degree in an automotive engineering discipline
- Knowledge of ISO 26262
- OEM knowledge of electrical / electronic systems and architecture.
- Practical experience of FMEA and problem solving techniques.
- Working knowledge of ADAS, switchgear & lighting systems
- Experience of vehicle data interrogation and diagnosis would be advantageous
- Analytical, structured, confident, with good communication skills. Must be able to work alone and as part of a small team
- The willingness and ability to train others in this field
Travel may be required at times to support supplier or test activities globally, but travel requirements are likely to infrequent.