By choosing Primary Goal as your training provider not only will you be learning whilst you're earning you will also be keeping up to date with the latest technology. At the same time, you will gain amazing qualifications without the need of going to college
We are recruiting on behalf of Peritus, where you will gain valuable experience and amazing qualifications. We pride ourselves on the support that we give to our apprentices, you won’t be left on your own to figure things out, we will support you throughout your apprenticeship journey together with your employer.
Who you’ll be working for:
Their purpose is to empower people to progress in their careers and lives through challenging online learning that supports behavioural change.
Entering their 6th year of business Peritus is fast becoming a recognised name for providing world-class learning, technology and advice to many organisations nationally and globally.
First and foremost Peritus is an expert learning and development business, therefore they have the enviable track record of a highly qualified and commercially minded team who have designed a range of unique online products to mitigate risk and overall support their customer’s business growth journey.
Peritus will always keep customers at the forefront of learning technologies and are currently developing artificial intelligence and machine learning-based products, so watch this space!
What you will be doing:
The LEARN Support Apprentice is the first port of call for support and the helpdesk facility for our online LEARN and LRN REV products. This will include communicating with customers, assisting with the set up and management of their Learning Management System (LMS), dealing with enquires on a daily basis, solving technical problems, as well as advising on use and best practice of the system.
As an apprentice you will be working in an IT and customer support role and carrying out the following duties:
- Running and managing a help desk and ticketing system for day to day customer support queries
- Assisting with software set up and onboarding
- Reviewing new course content and system features
- Liaising with third party support
- Creating trial accounts for potential customers
- Assisting with the upkeep of the company website
- Being the first port of call for telephone and email queries and responding within a timely manner
- General office tasks and duties as and when required
As part of this opportunity, you will learn:
- Digital Technologies: using a range of digital office technologies, including collaborative tools, appropriately for internal and external communications, including; office suites, conferencing facilities and mass email tools; survey tools; social media tools for business; SMS; live chat and video chat; web conferencing to support the delivery of services and to share information with customers and colleagues.
- Data management: use data systems effectively, appropriately and securely to meet business requirements and in line with organisational procedures and legislation.
- Digital security: apply information security principles to information transfer, deletion, storage, usage and communications - using mobile devices where appropriate.
- Digital services support: responding appropriately and effectively to internal or external enquiries.
- Digital Information Management Systems
- Communication: communicates effectively in writing, verbally and face to face appropriately through different digital channels.
- Organisational policies and standards
- Thinking skills
- Business and decision-making skills
The training you're provided with:
Your training will be provided by Primary Goal, an award-winning training provider specialising in the digital industries.
- Comprehensive pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety and technical specifics)
- Level 3 apprenticeship qualification selected by the employer depending on the technology in their company
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Knowledge Base
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
What your working week will look like:
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm with 1 hour for lunch
What your working week will look like:
- NMW until the apprenticeship commences. Once the apprenticeship starts the wage will be £180 per week.
- The new standard will start in April
Possible Start Date:
We are ideally looking for someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 or above. However, if you consider yourself to be a strong candidate and able to achieve functional skills level 2 in English or Maths your application will still be considered.
Where a Primary Goal apprenticeship can take you:
- This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT
- With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense!
- We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our level 4 network engineer apprenticeship programme.
- So, what are you waiting for? Apply today, because tomorrow is your future!
PLEASE NOTE that we will require a copy of your personal CV.
Disability Confident: Primary Goal is committed to being a Disability Confident Training Provider, and as such will make reasonable adjustments required for the interview. Please discuss any requirements which you may have with the Recruitment Team.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £4.15 /hour