Focus on close and contact interaction with your client base to ensure successful delivery of Commercial Servicing, and Maintenance & Repairs to achieve the highest standards in customer satisfaction
Work closely with Divisional Heads and Operations Teams to ensure customer deliverables are met / achieved, Manage the allocated engineers to deliver planned maintenance, reactive works and projects on time, on budget and to the company’s quality requirements, you will ensure the highest standards in health & safety, operations processes, legislative and client specification compliance are achieved
Where requested, assist with technical surveys, assessments of costs, bids and proposals for prospective opportunities. From the entire remit of the territory, the business unit focus is to be class leaders in:
Service, maintenance & repair in all engineering disciplines for the commercial building services markets.
Management time 10%/ working time 90%
- Where required provide information to prepare and regularly update maintenance schedules and plans in agreement with clients that meet the overall objectives of the business to ensure resource is not over committed at any particular period.
- Where required provide regular condition status reports to clients and, where and when appropriate, make recommendations for capital investment to ensure continuity of their operations and involve projects personnel to provide solutions for plant and equipment replacement.
- Plan, schedule, requisition materials, assess workload to agreed regular reporting periods to achieve output and on time delivery targets cost effectively and that the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant, tooling, materials and any other resources are available to achieve targets.
- Comply with all legislative requirements and health & safety obligations covering risk assessments and method statements, COSHH analysis, quality control and operational processes including regular housekeeping and maintenance regimes are all documented and followed to effect a safe working environment.
- Actively engage to achieve continuous improvement without risk to compliance and health & safety and quality.
- Supervise allocated teams and projects and/or clients in accordance with the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Promote on time attendance & completion, right first time and zero defects/return visits as the expected standard and quality of service.
- Ensure you understand and are fully conversant with each allocated project and/or client individual contractual obligations and ensure performances are not compromised as a result of contractual non-compliance.
- Assist with resourcing from genuine emergency calls that impact upon planned operations and ensure communication with clients and agreed re-planning is actively enforced.
- Provide quotes in accordance with standard costing methods.
- Lead, train, coach and mentor personnel including conducting annual reviews, provide training and development, promote best practice, performance standards and performance management.
- Develop and build relationships with clients, attend meetings and reviews with key clients as part of the business teams to review performance and agree continuous improvement.
- Ensure operational compliance with the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Carry out annual and interim PPM maintenance visits in compliance with the Customers requirements and to Gas, Oil and electrical Safety Regulations.
- Use his expertise and knowledge to develop additional works in the area.
- Help develop other engineers knowledge when working alongside them (only on jobs where two man working is warranted)
- Provide Technical assistance and support to engineers to rectify problematic sites.
- Take part on a callout rota
- Carryout service and maintenance to Gas, Oil and HVAC systems.
- Carryout electrical repairs and maintain installations.
- Carry out the installation / replacement of new or existing plant.
- Installation of all heating, gas, oil and electrical systems ensuring they are compliant to current regulations to your Scope.
- Replacement of controls and components as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Fault investigation and diagnosis utilizing manufacturer’s technical literature providing replacement part numbers and quote information to the Service Coordinators.
- Completion of all required legal documentation utilising the handheld Tablet system.
Experience & Qualifications
- Trade background with Gas safe and electrical qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate high standards of working practice and lead by example
- Awareness of Health & Safety Regulations
- Full clean and current driving licence
**Richard Irvin FM Limited is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which have a disproportionately adverse effect on his/her racial group or sex, which cannot be shown to be justified. Selection criteria and procedures are intended to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities. All information provided by applicants will be treated as confidential.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent