WHO ARE WE?
Humanitarian Operations – (HOPE) is a ‘First Responder Disaster Relief Agency’ established on September 1st, 2004, when the Bahamian Government became overwhelmed by the disaster and destruction caused by Hurricane Frances.
At the end of 2018, many of those involved sought approval to establish a charitable organisation that would be free to assist on a needs-assessed basis – in line with the principles established by the United Nations.
Humanitarian Operations has now had to effectively start from scratch – with the only asset retained being the invaluable experience held by those that have remained in place to continue the efforts that help so many lives. The team has operated and provided much needed assistance in every major disaster location since its formation, including: the Haitian Earthquake, the Indian Ocean Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina and the floods in India. It is impossible to quantify the number of lives that have been saved.
The Sound Designer will be working as a member of our in-house audio team to deliver high quality sound design and implementation for exciting projects, that goes from Kids projects to Gaming Sounds Fx.
When required, our Sound Designers can be given full ownership of an aspect of our titles’ audio (with the guiding support of more senior members of the team). This is a great opportunity to work on high profile titles/franchises within a friendly team.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver compelling game audio
- Follow and assist in the creative and technical execution of the audio vision set out by the audio lead on a title
- Design AAA quality audio assets and features – Create, record, edit audio for a variety of sound design areas
- Implement audio using in-house tools or industry standard audio hardware and game engines such as Unity – achieve the highest quality audio results for our games through creative implementation of crafted sound design
- Proactively build and maintain effective and consistent mix architectures as required by audio team leadership
- Test all aspects of the audio to ensure playback is as intended and fit for release
- Within a highly collaborative environment
- Regularly review your work with more senior team members to ensure a strong and consistent audio style
- Explore new tools and features in collaboration with our audio programmers
- Proactively build good communication & coordination between audio team members and dev team disciplines (art, animation, programming, level design, design, production etc)
- Attend meetings with development teams
- Meet deadlines, collaborate with our Audio production team and Audio leadership to ensure your work is on schedule and meeting expectations
- Positively contribute at all times. Identify areas requiring innovation / problems and pro-actively find creative and technical audio solutions
What we are looking for?
Experienced sound designer
- Previous experience designing and implementing audio for games.
- Mastery of at least one DAW – Reaper is a plus
- Strong, demonstrable sound design and editing skills – Proven in demo reel
- Ability to design audio for a range of styles – from realistic to Hollywood
- Ability to learn a new in-house game editor for integrating audio content
- Good knowledge of the production process of a game
Reliable team player
- In-house game development experience, ability to work as a team player
- Ability to provide and accept critical feedback in a professional manner
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated, able to meet deadlines and to report progress to producers
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, and ownership of your allocated design areas
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Pro-active and organized
- Able to maintain high standards against deadlines
- A passion for sound and music in games and other forms of audio-visual entertainment
- A keen interest in video games
- Experience designing audio for VR (AR / MR also relevant) – This position is not specifically for VR titles, but there is a chance to be involved in VR development
- Knowledge of Reaper DAW