Our GDHV Portadown Engineering team are looking for a Production Engineer to support our metal fabrication department and tool making facilities.
- Maintain the current Metal fabrication processes to safety, quality and cost targets;
- Respond to any technical issues of metal fabricated components, identifying the root cause and co-ordinating actions.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of new products or product changes into the metal fabrication facility with no issues;
- Identify and lead process improvements projects.
- Co-ordinate the production of new metal forming tooling, modifications and repairs.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIOURS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Comparable industrial experience working as a Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer or Automation Engineer.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, ideally with a working knowledge of CAD;
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication processes, including engineering/technical support of production processes;
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A working knowledge of lean / 6 sigma tools is desirable;
- Knowledge of metal forming hard tooling, punch press/laser blanking, brake press operations etc;
- Identification, co-ordination and implementation of process improvement measures;
- Creating and maintaining work method documentation e.g. SOP’s, work study, Risk Assessments etc;
- Ensuring all procedures and processes comply with H&S regulations
- Support training of production and technical personnel;
Complexity and Creativity
- Design, sourcing, purchasing, commissioning and on-going support of tooling, fixtures and equipment to improve process efficiency;
- Develop/introduce new products, processes and equipment into a production environment to ensure that cost, time, quality standards are achieved;
The job holder may travel on an ad-hoc basis to other GD destinations as well as occasionally visit Toolmakers e.g. in China and other equipment manufacturers
Whilst experience is important, finding the right person who will live and breathe our GDHV Values is something we are super passionate about. We’ve got to where we are today by being Customer Focussed and* Working Together to achieve Excellence.* So, if you’re looking to build a lasting career within a Forward-Thinking company that allows its people to take Ownership of everything they do, GDHV needs you! Come and join us.
Job Type: Permanent
Work Location: Multiple Locations