Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, we are developing solutions that meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other. Digitization and IT are taking center stage in enabling our customers to trade globally. Join us as we re-think what technology can do.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk T&L offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Philippines, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
- Ability to maintain and improve deep technical requirements and architecture patterns and technologies to build and run an full-stack API and UI hosting platform.
- Working within an agile framework to build and maintain the Always On Platform, actively engaging with other teams and stakeholders to collaboratively deliver business value and platform capabilities.
- Establish the operational excellence of a secure highly available cloud-native multi-tenanted application platform for hosting APIs and UIs.
- Define and evolve governance, engagement and support models of Platform services using agile, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering principles.
- Enable automated and self-service capabilities on the Platform and accelerate the onboarding of services onto the Platform.
- Continuously improve the capabilities of the AlwaysOn Platform for customers and end users based on feedback and analytics.
- Provide technical leadership to establish and grow the Platform and create business value in line with business goals.
- Promote and improve efficiencies in ways of working and culture across the team and become established as a senior member of the team.
We are looking for
- BA degree in engineering related subject, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience of distributed, highly available, high traffic cloud platforms.
- Experience proactively supporting and maintaining high-traffic globally distributed systems and associated business services.
- Deep technical knowledge of Linux and Kubernetes systems.
- Experience in development languages (Python, Java, Go etc) and automation scripts.
- Experience working in a mature agile environment and establishing DevOps and SRE principles and able to integrate into existing teams as a senior contributor.
- Highly technical full-stack competency in globally distributed highly available cloud-native technologies (Kubernetes, Cassandra, Prometheus, Grafana, Akamai, Kafka, API Gateways, Network policies).
- Maintaining a detailed architectural and implementation level understanding of modern cloud-native platform technologies.
- Experience working in mature software development and system engineering environments with particular focus on automation, Infra-as-Code and automated testing.
- Able to lead the architecture, design and implementation of complex solutions but also able to engage non-technical stakeholders.
- Container orchestration technology – (Kubernetes) – Key technology
- API Gateway – (Akana)
- Event streaming technologies – (Kafka)
- Automation and scripting (Python, Infrastructure-as-code & GitOps)
- Content Delivery Networks and Global Traffic Management design principles (Akamai preferred)
- Full stack observability solutions – (including Prometheus, Grafana)
- Data technologies and ETL (Cassandra, Oracle, Informatica, Data lakes)
- Networking expertise and design of cloud based platforms – (VPNs, Service meshes, Ingress/Egress controllers)
- Collaboration and development tools (Jira, Git, Confluence, Jenkins )