Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Commscope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
We’re looking for a Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer who is focused on the detail. Keen to understand and passionate about communication technology, you will develop RF circuitry within Video Consumer Premise Equipment. You will develop and verify the RF performance of circuitry used within new high-volume consumer products. This position involves working with similarly minded specialist RF Engineers. But also, with cross functional teams that includes hardware, mechanical and software engineering, as well as with external design and development partners. The position requires hands-on detailed engineering to produce designs and product solutions to meet time to market, cost and quality requirements.
- Develop RF circuit and subsystem solutions. These should be robust, cost effective, and delivered on time in line with new and emerging technologies, including design and test verification, under appropriate supervision.
- Responsible for generating schematics, Bills of Material (BOMs), and Design Verification (DVT) results and reports.
- Hands-on development and verification of RF circuitry using network and spectrum analysers, measurements including frequency response, return loss, non-linear distortion, signal to noise ratio, Bit Error Rate and Data Throughput.
- Optimisation of Over the Air (OTA) performance by reducing circuit emissions.
Desirable Skills (Not all necessary)
- Familiar with the use of Spectrum Analysers, Network Analysers and Digital signal generators.
- Knowledge of Digital communication and modulation e.g. WI-FI, Bluetooth, QAM.
- Knowledge of Transceiver design, impedance matching, filter design and low noise amplifiers.
- RF circuit simulation, analysis and optimisation for 50ohm and 75ohm systems in the frequency range of 2MHz to 5GHz.
- Knowledge of RF wave propagation and Antennas.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, both internally and with external resources.
- Excellent time, communication, organizational, task management and inter-personal skills.
Education and Experience
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.