Three Bridges, GB
OE Area Director Sussex (113602) G1
About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalisingBritains railway. From Crossrail Europes largest civil engineering project to investment in world-class stations and major programmes ofelectrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverseventures that this country has ever seen.
Supportthe Route Communications Engineer and team in the delivery of faulting, maintenanceand project work to standards and within agreed resource levels.
About the role (External)
1. Support the Route Communications Engineer and team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
2. Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
3. Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
4. Monitor asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency.
5. Provide technical guidance and support.
6. Undertake survey and design work.
7. Support the assurance and non-compliance process within the route.
8. Undertake technical inspections and investigations.
9. Support the management of the accuracy of systems, databases and records.
10. Manage the preparation of work and resource specifications, method statements and plans as required.
11. Support an agreed programme of staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
12. Deliver works in accordance with the agreed programme.
13. Act as Project Interface Co-ordinator.
14. Provide cover for the RCE when he/she is unavailable
- Relevant technical competence
- Knowledge of maintenance delivery processes and techniques
- Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Design knowledge and experience
- Failure/incident management and rectification techniques
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- IRSE Licence holder (Signalling only)
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of coaching techniques
How to apply (External)
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.
Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application. Network Rail Safety vision.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3000 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
As an arms length department of the UK Government, Network Rail is required to comply with a well-established pre-employment vetting process for all prospective employees.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) checks require prospective employees of Network Rail to meet the following requirements;
- Provide eligibility to work in the UK and identity documentation
- Complete a satisfactory 3-year employment history check
- Complete a satisfactory unspent criminal conviction disclosure check
For more information regarding BPSS pre-employment related checks, please visit the UK Government website for further information - UK Government - BPSS Checks
Salary range £40,107 - £45,120 dependent on experience, plus London weighting.
29 January 2020, late applications will not be accepted. Please note this is also being advertised internally. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.