We’re currently hiring a QA Engineer to join our collaborative Development team at Citywire’s head office. Citywire is a leading global provider of independent intelligence and insight about asset management.
Our events, news, technology and analysis inform asset managers, investors and intermediaries around the world about the changing shape of a $75 trillion industry that channels the investments of millions of individuals, businesses and institutions.
We employ around 240 people with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan and Singapore.
We have been increasing the size of our development team and have some new and exciting projects in development that would benefit from the expertise of a QA Engineer. We are interested in people who love to share ideas, challenge the status quo and use their initiative. If you are looking to work with knowledgeable people and new technologies in a fast-paced environment, then apply below and join us.
We’re looking for a friendly communicator that is willing to share their work progress and feedback with others.
As a Citywire’s QA Engineer you’ll be working within the Technology team and you’ll play a key role in ensuring the development and quality of systems that help grow the business. The focus of this role will be to work on some of our most business-critical applications such as our events platform and registration processes.
You will be responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan for projects. This will include ensuring that all the requirements for the projects are met and that the solution works as expected. Your main duties will include:
What you’ll need:
- Code automated tests to spot the most critical development errors
- Review and analyse requirements
- Help to design user stories and acceptance tests
- Document and carry out manual testing
- Work closely with developers and stakeholders to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle, with quick feedback loops
Job specific skills
- Knowledge of C# .NET
- Ability to write and run automated tests
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
Desirable but not essential
- Experience of using BDD tools, such as SpecFlow or similar
- Experience of testing web applications using tools such as Selenium Webdriver or Protractor
- ISTQB certified
- Experience in performance or security testing
Previous experience and profile
We will welcome applicants with relevant previous experience in a similar role in a commercial environment and that are up to date with latest testing tools and strategies.
In return, Citywire will provide you with a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday per annum from day 1. This will rise to 28 days after 3 years, 29 days once 4 years has been completed and 30 working days after 5 years of continuous service (plus bank holidays),
- Generous private pension scheme with frequent visit from the providers,
- 10% Time, every other Friday working on any project that you feel will advance you or the business,
- Pluralsight access: enjoy thousands of tutorial videos to keep your skills up-to-date throughout the year,
- Well-being initiative: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7,
- Buddy-team lunches: you will be introduced to Citywire by one of our members of the team and will take you out for lunch during your first 6 months with us. It's all on us!
- Subsidised gym options. We will help with your monthly costs.
- Country walks: enjoy a day outdoors every summer with different members of Citywire. A great time to enjoy the good weather and engage with colleagues.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
- After 2 years of continuous service you will also have access to market-leading private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
- On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, a physio visiting quarterly as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
If you are the right candidate for this job, please do not hesitate to apply!
You can find more information in our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer.