- My client is a leading engineering companies, helping customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
Combining the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that their customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- Principle Designer/ Senior Designer - Minimum qualification of HNC/HND in related engineering field and applicable experiebnce or extensive experience in lieu of HNC/HND
- Knowledge of Transmission or Distribution practices (400kV to 11kV)
- Technical expertise in the design & installation of Substation Layouts for 400kV to 11kV substation projects
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
- Knowledge of various relevant industry standard client working practices including National Grid/ SSE/ SPEN/ DNO requirements
- IOSH Managing safely or similar
- To provide substation layouts and associated detail diagrams in accordance with established UK standards and processes through allocated CAD resource locally and in other business units.
- To develop technical specifications and material schedules for primary equipment.
- To prepare conductor force calculations.
- Provide technical support and to develop tender scheme options and related project scope documents.
- To produce engineering time estimates and support monthly forecasts to complete.
- Other Engineering functions inc HV cables, civils, commissioning, secondary systems, engineering support and lead engineers
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.