Descriptionhedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for Mid/Senior Python API Developers who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe.
While we have always been about premium digital experiences, to deliver the ambitious product roadmaps of our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies) we need to take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Why hedgehog lab?*
- Ranked #1 globally for mobile app development on Clutch
- We work with clients of all sizes, from startups to FTSE 100 companies across a range of sectors. If you want to build your portfolio, this is the place to do it. Check out some of our past client work here.
- A transparent and open company culture based on trust, where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Our People are our greatest asset, and we are so proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work, as rated by 91% of our business.
- We’re a fully Flexified Employer, certified by Flexa. We know a one size fits all approach doesn’t work for everyone, we work with our employees to establish a model that benefits both parties.
You must be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK.*
We are a flexible employer and encourage applicants from across the UK. You may work fully remotely, provided you are able to travel to the office for business critical and departmental meetings on an ad-hoc basis.*
Full-time, permanent Python Engineer working on platform backend APIs
- Interpret client requirements and suggest development approaches
- Recognise problems and be able to arrive at a solution either independently, or with other colleagues
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning meetings (or be prepared to learn)
- Work with design and UX colleagues to successfully implement app designs
- Contribute to the continual development of our internal development processes
- Assist with the technical architecture and approach for projects
- Contribute to the estimation of time and delivery of projects
Must Have Requirements
- Essential: 3-5+ years of commercial experience with Python
- Essential: experience of working with Serverless AWS Framework
- Essential: experience of working with Django specifically Django Rest Framework
- An aptitude and openness to learning new skills and technologies
- Strong opinions on what goes into making a good API around areas including permanence, security and scalability.
- A solid understanding of networks, HTTP, RESTful APIs and how a mobile app consumes them
- Familiarity with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL) and ORMs (preferably Django/SQLAlchemy)
- Experience with, or a willingness to extend your skills in unit testing
- Working knowledge of Git, Continuous Integration, and other supporting systems
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies
- Links that showcase your recent projects
Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big
- Organised and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Willingness to participate in our code/peer review processes
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
- Salary from £35,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
- Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- Flexible working environment (flexi-time, hybrid working environment)
- An enhanced maternity policy.
- A transparent and open company culture where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Annual Learning & Development budget inclusive of 4 L&D days.
- Annual personal Wellbeing budget inclusive of 2 wellbeing days.
- Access to free therapy sessions and financial wellbeing services.
Languages English Education Bachelor Experience 3+ years
Location: Generator Studios,Trafalgar St,Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
Work Location: Multiple Locations