ENE Conveyor Systems is a highly successful engineering company, based in Banbridge, Co Down. We design and manufacture stainless steel conveyor systems, supplying to many of the world’s leading food and drink processors. We are now recruiting a Design Engineer, to join the Company’s experienced Design team. ENE prides itself on its innovative engineering and dedicated customer service. This is an exciting and rewarding role for an individual with ambition and a drive for improvement through design.
As a member of the Design Team, the Design Engineer will be responsible for designing products that will add value to the Company’s conveyor systems and product portfolio. The design engineer will be responsible for product design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement.
- To design products that are technically feasible and commercially profitable.
- As appropriate, to research and keep up to date with new materials, parts and methods of deployment.
- To develop detailed engineering drawings for manufacturing, aligned to the company’s production processes and machinery.
- Use CAD design software to create models and drawings of products.
- Organise and maintain engineering records.
- Ensure components and designs meet applicable industry and business standards.
- Liaise with manufacturing to ensure that products are manufactured according to the drawing and designs, and to provide design engineering advice as required.
Skills and Experience
- Engineering qualification.
- Minimum 1-year engineering experience.
- Minimum 1-year experience designing products or parts.
- In-depth knowledge of 2D AutoCAD & SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of current CNC technology.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
- A creative flair and design ability.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the engineering and/or food processing sector.
- Product Design qualification
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- engineering and product design: 1 year (Required)