Up to 35,000
APPLY FOR JOB
TS592 - Associate Scientist – Radar & Electronic Warfare
Accepted file types:
pdf, png, jpg, doc, docx.
Our client is a FTSE250 global defence, security and aerospace contractor looking to recruit a number of Scientists/Engineers to solve challenging Radio Frequency (RF) problems with the following skills and interests; developing machine vision algorithms to automatically recognise objects (such as armoured vehicles) using various approaches including deep learning; undertaking complex signal processing to form images, often from big data (e.g. terabyte data collections); simulating EM propagation using Maxwell’s equations and designing / building / flying bespoke modern RF systems.
You will join an RF imaging team located in Malvern, WR14 which has unrivalled expertise in the UK providing RF imaging solutions that cover very large areas, day-and-night in all weathers to their customers.
Experience & Qualifications:
Knowledge of some or all of the following is required:
- A first degree in Science, Engineering or Mathematics, or an equivalent, nationally recognised professional qualification.
- Strong Physics or Mathematics background.
- Python / C / C++ coding.
- Algorithm development.
- Signal processing.
- AI, Deep Learning.
- Good analytical skills. Able to make evaluative judgements based on modelling and simulation or analysis of factual information.
- Strong risk awareness and quality conscious. Able to follow applicable processes and procedures.
- Innovative self-starter able to show initiative. Enthusiastic team player who can help develop concepts and solutions.
- Sound and comprehensive communications skills in order to exchange complex information both within the team and to external customers
NB. Applicants must have UK citizenship and be eligible to obtain government security clearance.