Exeter City Centre, Devon, South West - flexible working
Permanent and Full time. Up to three days working off site, with 2 days based in the Exeter office.
Competitive, dependent on experience
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Front End Developer with expertise in visualisation to further our products dealing with transport networks and building energy models.
This is a really exciting time to join the team, productising the cutting-edge research we are developing with our academic partners. You will be delivering sophisticated, web based tools and analysis to a professional user-group. You will be working on challenging and diverse problems, from scatter charts to animated bus routes to 3D building models.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering web applications and visualisations to present complex data and relationships
- Development of visualisation components for the web
- Sprint planning, issue definition, code reviews and standards, testing and test automation
- Collaboration with other team members and stakeholders
- Creating quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Staying up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Contributing to all layers of the application stack
City Science is an ambitious technology company and prize-winning consultancy developing data-tools and software solutions to optimise city systems. Our mission is to help cities transform from their current state to an efficient, optimised, low carbon system, delivering savings and benefits to both clients and citizens. Backed by venture capital with global ambitions, City Science is growing its world-class team and building a totally immersive environment in which to develop its cutting-edge tools.
You’re dynamic, proactive and enthusiastic, able to multi-task and focus on the detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture. Structured and organised you deliver on your commitments and manage your workload around the business priorities. Overall, you’ll be committed to the success of the project, and a great team player.
- Demonstrable professional experience delivering web technologies
- Experience in building rich single-page applications (SPA)
- Experience with visualisation components (e.g. D3, DC.JS, SVG and MapBox)
- Familiarity with build tools (e.g. Webpack/Browserify, Babel, Jslint)
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics
- Knowledge of common UI testing frameworks (e.g. Mocha, Cypress)
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment (e.g. Git, GitLab CI, Netlify)
- Spatial/time-series database knowledge (e.g. PostGIS) with spatial front end technology (e.g Mapbox)
- Server-side applications such as Express
We are building a team who are motivated by collaboration with the desire to solve problems for our customers. We want people to own their field of responsibility, take decisions, be proactive and have pride in everything they do. Our team of experts includes prize-winning consultants, experienced technologists and distinguished academics.
Unfortunately, at this current time, we cannot accept applications that require sponsorship for an employment visa.