To fulfil project and installation work at customer sites working with both sales and engineering teams. Reporting to the Service and Operations Manager via a team leader. This role will require a dynamic and proactive individual used to working on customer sites and taking ownership of projects and workload. Experience with current Avaya products is essential, knowledge should be with Aura products including Communication Manager, Messaging, SBC, Session Manager, System Manager and some experience with Contact Centre applications would be beneficial.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
1. Attend customer sites to complete systems installations and projects
2. Keep customers and internal teams updated with the progress of projects as per the project plan agreed time frames
3. Assigning, managing and escalating tickets on to engineers and 3rd line support when required
4. Add updates to the tickets including tasks for site visits and phone calls.
5. Log and manage requests with 3rd parties and follow up any outstanding actions
6. Involvement in the handover of projects to helpdesk & support (Maintenance Handover & Acceptance)
7. Act as a role model to other engineers and staff
8. Identifying sales opportunities where systems have become end of life or additional equipment or services could be sold
Additional Responsibilities & Tasks:
1. Join the on-call or escalation rota to support our clients out of hours
2. Attend product specific training and courses
3. Achieve required product and vocational qualifications relating to the role
4. Assist the Helpdesk team with 2nd line support and on-site maintenance visits, if required.
1. Experience, knowledge of installing and supporting Avaya Aura Solutions on both traditional Avaya hardware and VMware servers
2. Experience with LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi Networking with good knowledge of basic network design and protocols like DHCP, TFTP, HTTP, DNS, NTP
3. Must be a good communicator and able to keep both internal and external parties updated
4. Dynamic individual that can provide a solution to an issue and be able to think laterally on how to resolve an issue
5. To be able to work as both a team player and on your own 6. Demonstrate good skills in problem solving methodology