3 – 6 months’ contract
Milton Keynes / London
£550 per day
Tableau developer is needed to work for one of my prestigious clients based in their Milton Keynes and London offices on an initial 3 – 6 months’ contract.
As the Tableau developer, will be working closely with the business to develop enterprise level BI reporting solutions and architectures using Tableau.
The Tableau developer will have experience in designing and delivering innovative reporting solutions, large scale data warehouse architectures and working with vast amounts of data (TB) conforming to guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Technical service management for the Tableau Platform (Internal Reporting)
- Assisting with Projects to make Tableau server a live service and contributing to Support Impact assessment, Service Design.
- Taking the lead on Tableau-related projects / change requests / enhancements
- Ongoing support and management of the Tableau Server Platform
- Assisting the EUT team with testing of Tableau Desktop for release
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Tableau Server in line with EUT Tableau Desktop release cycle (ensuring version alignment and compatibility)
- Planning the Technical Unit testing, and functional regression testing of upgrades, changes and enhancements.
- Working effectively with wider BI Team, 3rd party developers, PMO and other ITS colleagues to successfully deliver projects
- Advising and consulting on best practice for Data source design for Tableau based reporting from a Relational database models, such as SAP HANA.
- Working with BI Team Lead to develop a strong Tableau governance strategy and align with ITS / Analytics strategic objects.
Essential experiences for the successful Tableau developer include:
- At least 4 years’ experience of BI or Analytics projects / Development
- Tableau Desktop Expert developer (preferably has completed Tableau Desktop Advanced course and/or has Tableau Certification), or qualified through demonstrable experience
- Tableau Server configuration and installation / upgrade experience (must have completed Tableau Server course and / or has certification)
- Understanding of server configuration, sizing and management (Windows)
- Understand principles of data governance
- Excellent consultancy / client-facing skills
- BSc Information Systems or similar
Desired skills & experiences for the successful Tableau developer include:
- Experience of working with both Agile and / or Waterfall methodologies
- Technical knowledge or experience of developing using Data warehousing technologies (e.g. SQL server, Oracle, SAP HANA etc.) and good understanding of Data Warehouse principles
- Understanding of other BI Tools (e.g. SAP BO Webi, Crystal, A4O, Qlikview), and their appropriate use-cases.
- MSc Information Systems or similar
This is an exciting opportunity for a Tableau Developer to work for a leading company that offers a highly competitive rate in a dynamic and supportive environment.
The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. To apply for this role please urgently send an update of your CV to email@example.com