Developer – Equity Finance
Here at Barclays, we have a brand new opportunity available for a Developer within our Equity Finance Technology Team. As a key member of this new build out, you will collaborate with the Global1 2nd Line Support Team as well as Regional Management in London. Combined with this, there will be significant interaction with the Equity Finance Business stakeholders along with hands on Development work. It will involve development not only on “Global1” but on related systems (Segway, Global1, Forecast) as part of an Agile cross-functional team.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Development (75%) - hands-on coding of key application patterns and components as part of functional and non-functional requirements. With the sound technical background solid understanding of Prime Services domain. Testing and management of non-Production environments.
- L3 support (25%) - Support monitoring and troubleshooting of both production and non- production environments; address any client/trader/user queries promptly; minimize impact to business in case of production issues
- Work closely with more senior members of the team in Glasgow as well as the regional team in London and wider EF Global Team.
- Responsible for delivering functionality across systems (with particular relevance to Global1) as per the requirements delivered from the Product Management Team.
- Collaborate with global team and provide architectural vision & leadership to build sustainable platform.
- Work in collaboration with Business partners to build long lasting and high quality services to our clients.
- Demonstrate strong influence and conflict management skills as well as talent development and expectations management skills.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Agile Development Methodologies (SCRUM)
- Unix skills and scripting - Perl / KSH
- MS SQL
- Experience of working in Equity Finance, and appreciation of the Products within Prime Finance.
- Knowledge of Global One or a similar existing securities lending system
- Testing and BDD (JUnit, Cucumber)
- Spring / other popular Java based frameworks
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.