The No1 School of Technical Training; a part of the Defence School of Aeronautical Engineering (DSAE) located at RAF Cosford provides initial trade training to new recruits as well as advanced career training to existing RAF aeronautical engineers. It also delivers the same aeronautical engineering training to International students under government contract where RAF Cosford has achieved a very high success rate leading to increased demand for our excellence in training delivery. RAF Cosford remains a site of growth and expansion with numerous projects and partnership developments being explored and undertaken. Your role will play a pinnacle part for the School and in particular the Weapons and Survival Equipment Flight (WSTF) within Aerosystems Training Squadron (ATS). You will provide key administrative support for Circa 1750 students both UK and international. This will cover 14 bespoke courses, with a Circa 380 course throughput year on year.
- Issue, receive and maintain all course folders, ensuring all accreditation marking guide and class register paperwork is enclosed.
- Ensuing timely management and closure of course folders to facilitate course departure and Qualifications essential to Phase 2/3 are issued promptly on JPA.
- Issuing of joining instructions to all Phase 3 students at least 5 weeks in advance, constantly monitoring until course loading is complete.
- Daily liaison with TSEC (Training Secretariat) and TAFMIS to get accurate course loading data. Providing management with timely information if loadings fall outside of stringent TTP limits.
- Ensuring students meet all mandated pre course learning on DLE (Defence Learning Environment) / Gateway
- Ensuring all students have completed the small arms managers course on DLE with a 28-day period, before a Q annotation can be awarded.
- Strictly control all electronic media for Phase 2 and 3 training.
- Front of house contact for all personnel ranging from students up to 2 * or equivalent or VIP.
- Accurate visitor recording to meet fire and security regulations
- Duties list management
- Staff and student’s locker management
- Maintain management information boards Inc. TTP, Contact lists, Bulletin boards, and orders for both Civilian and military.
- Exam input for all courses using Bespoke Database (TAFMIS)
- Archiving all Phase 3 paperwork
- Managing archiving room to stringent guidelines
- Managing all Stationary resources used and preplanning requirements to meet exacting needs of the instructors and students.
- Mail distribution for the entire section.
- Raising all End of phase and students feedback reports
- Minute taking as required and within E2 boundaries
- Work service point of contact for all WSTF infrastructure
- Maintaining fire board with accurate information.
- Maintain currency Admin help guide.
- Data input for all WSTF mandatory course, utilizing all appropriate data bases as laid down by No.1 School.
- Supporting ATS Admin when required
- Managing Training reports to support review boards and training progression within a specific deadline
- Provide monthly updates to Training Supervisors and Training Managers for follow up action.
- Maintain currency on all Mandatory training
The post holder will be expected to provide Admin assistance to other business areas with ATS, if capacity allows.
Assessed at interview
Provable up to date Computer (IT) skills, whilst having a good grasp of Office 365 and other Microsoft products. Are highly reliably and able to work alone with little or no supervision, with a good administrative background, military or civilian.
A good grasp of database systems (JPA, TAFMIS, Adesoft etc)
NVQ or equivalent in Administration
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Changing and Improving
Communicating and Influencing
Managing a Quality Service
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Potential for alternative working practices
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 Days upon completion of years service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queens birthday
- Minimum of 15 days Special paid leave in a rolling 12 month period for volunteer reserve commitments
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Easily accessible road and rail links
- On-site Shop/Café facilities
- Access to gymnasium , swimming pool and outdoor sports facilities
- Free on-site car parking
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.