Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves, sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation’s Fluids segment.
This position will be responsible for the interpretation of Engineering instructions and requirements to create highly tolerance, multiple component mechanical 3D models and drawings that meet the application requirements by utilizing knowledge and experience combined with standard design practices. He/she will also perform checking duties related to assembly and component drawings, part structures (BOM’s) and item specific information for accuracy of design intent and application specific information. They will also participate in and contribute to process improvement and design for manufacturability activities as well as in the development and implementation of company-wide design standards and practices that reflect industry best practices and improved efficiency.
Role Purpose / Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of 3D models and associated 2D drawings
- Creation of Item and Part Structure (BOM) information within ERP system
- Develop and maintain 3D model and 2D drawing database within Product Data Management (PDM) system via Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process.
- Perform checking duties on assembly and component level drawings.
- Provide guidance to other Design Engineers and Drafters.
- Updates existing drawings to current/best manufacturing processes.
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel and engineering to ensure design requirements are met and the best manufacturing processes are used.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvement and design for manufacturability activities.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals as needed.
- Support manufacturing personnel with evaluations of deviated components, corrective action investigations and other quality related activities.
- Support engineering process development and design for manufacturability efforts through specific assignments as directed by Engineering Management
- Independently responsible for meeting deadlines necessary to support the company’s commitments to customers and manufacturing.
- Must be willing to travel to Dover Precision Components manufacturing sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (23Kg). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced with precision design and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of Engineering Principles and Design Practices
- Experienced in 3D modeling software
- Demonstrated ability to apply continuous improvement techniques to existing processes and procedures.
- Requires the ability to utilize precision measuring and surveying instruments such as calipers, inside/outside micrometers, depth gages, surfaces gages, etc.
- Experience reading & developing engineering design prints with geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Demonstrated ability to create ideas and develop solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years related work experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.