Otis Birmingham, Black Country House, Rounds Green Road, Oldbury, B69 2DG, UK.
The Otis Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme is carefully designed to provide committed individuals with the opportunity to develop their career within an industry leading, global organisation. As an Apprentice Engineer, you will be fully supported in undertaking a range of on-the-job and classroom based learning to become a Qualified Lift and Escalator Engineer. Otis will provide you with a solid foundation for a rewarding and lasting career. We believe that everyone working here has the potential to progress and you will be supported by our big commitment to your ongoing training and further development. Once you have qualified, you will be able to apply for a variety of roles within Otis.
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary and many other benefits
- Apprentice events and awards ceremonies
- The opportunity to work for the world’s leading lift & escalator manufacturer, with high profile, prestigious customers
- A culture which encourages collaboration, empowerment, diversity and imagination
Year One £13,052 Year Two £17,403 Year Three £23,930
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiastic individuals who are good communicators, excellent team players and can show initiative
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C/ Grade 4 and above, including Maths, English and a STEM subject
- A keen interest to pursue a career in Engineering/ Construction
- A willingness to attend and complete the required training throughout the Apprenticeship
- Applicants who live within Coventry, Birmingham, Solihull, Nuneaton, Rugby, Royal Leamington Spa, Redditch, Tamworth, Stratford-upon-Avon and the surrounding areas
How to apply
Please click ‘Apply’ or visit https://jobs.otis.utc.com/ for the full list of Apprenticeship vacancies
Great brands have a great story. Ours is legendary!
In 1853, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York World's Fair to promote his new invention. Standing high above the crowd on a platform lift, he ordered the retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held.
And in that moment, 165 years ago, one man changed the world's perspective on what's possible. Since the New York World's Fair, we've dedicated ourselves to one thing: moving the world.
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary lifts and escalators have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis lifts and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!