Rubble Master Dungannon have identified a growing market for screening equipment for the quarrying and recycling industries.
Northern Ireland is traditionally regarded as an area of high unemployment both within the UK and and the EU. The unemployment rate in Northern Ireland in 2018 was 4.3%. Unemployment dropped further to just 2.9% in May of 2020. These unemployment rates are considered to be ‘full’ employment. In effect, anyone who wanted to work could find work.
The effect of low unemployment in NI has meant that the good skilled staff required to design and build machinery have become more difficult to find. In particular, ‘blue collar’ skills such as Machinists, Fabricators, Welders and Fitters became very difficult to identify.
This is a novel situation for NI in that traditionally high unemployment has led to the region being considered an ‘employers’ market with the result being that wages for these skills remained depressed at rates lower than the rest of the UK.
We now have vacancies for up to 12 Fabricator Welders with a minimum of 3 years experience and who have a good standard of English.
Fabricator Welder Competency Based Job Description
Job Title: Fabricator Welder £13.00 per hour 4 x 10 hours shifts Mon to Thurs
Reporting to the Production Leader and working closely with Manufacturing Support Services the Fabricator Welders role exists to adjust and weld pre-formed parts to precise engineering requirements in order to satisfy customers expectations of Quality, Cost and on time Delivery.
1. Is accountable to ensure that daily and weekly Production Targets are achieved on time and at the correct quality
2. Efficiently organises workplace; to include machinery and equipment, materials and all production related resources
3. Communicates relevant information to line managers and co-workers in an efficient and timely manner to achieve targets
4. Maintains good relationships by supporting and assisting line managers, process engineers and co-workers when required
5. Ensures customer satisfaction by delivering product in line with customer requirements
6. Responds positively to operational changes; takes on new technical and operational skills when required; assists with training and coaching new staff
7. Is responsible for own Health and Safety and those working around them; complies with Health and Safety policies and procedures; reports health and safety concerns in a timely manner; Follows Safe Systems of Work; ensures that she/he has the correct PPE to work safely at all times.
Technical Competences for Fabricator Welders (Skills)
1. Weld to produce a weld of a satisfactory standard.
2. Is able to weld Flat, Vertical and circular joints.
3. Guides electrode or torch along line of weld, burns away damaged areas, and melts brazing alloy or solder into joints.
4. Must be able to gauge how the welding process is going.
5. Can identify the difference between good welds and bad welds.
6. Cleans and smoothes weld.
7. Adjust pre-formed assemblies by grinding and hand adjusting pre-formed parts.
8. Can read and interpret assembly drawings and symbols including width, depth, height.
9. Is skilled at measuring accurate geometric angles.
10. Can take accurate measurements.
11. Must secure the material being welded either in a Jig or by Clamping.
12. Works with attention to detail in the welding process, when making adjustments and in the work area.
13. Checks finished workpiece for defects and conformity with quality specification.
EN ISO 9606-1 or BS EN 287- 1 Welding standard OR local equivalent
Basic English - able to communicate in the English language
Metric and Imperial Measurements
Basic Geometric Concepts
Read basic engineering drawings
Minimum 3 years experience of Fabrication and Welding
Reference ID: FabWeld 21
Expected start date: 03/01/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £27,040.00 per year
- Company pension
- Free or subsidised travel
- Private medical insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Social Distancing – clean and disinfect – use tissues if sneezing - dispose of tissue or cleaning materials in the recognised bin provided. New continuous cough and/or high temperature - Staff must notify their Line Manager
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dungannon BT71 6LA: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Metal fabrication: 3 years (required)
- Welding certificate (preferred)