If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The customer systems engineering team are responsible for delivery of control room IP, Voice and Tetra Radio access solutions to the 3 emergency services plus around 200 approved user organisations. The CSE team are also
responsible for elements in our core network (switch cluster sites) plus ordering and implementing wide area network (WAN) transmission systems. In addition, we provide training and support to our field engineering teams and act as technical owners for solutions support.
The CSE role does involve travel throughout the UK.
- The successful candidate will work with customers and suppliers to design and develop their technical requirements for new and additional solutions and services.
- Produce component requirements within project milestones and track subsequent changes Produce and maintain Customer IP Plans to implement the overall Airwave IP strategy.
- Oversee the technical solution for delivery on all major projects Work in partnership with and manage suppliers to arrive at completed solutions.
- Conduct design reviews to validate design decisions.
- Place orders with suppliers through component engineers.
- Resolve technical problems using the most cost effective design, keeping the project manager and line manager informed of progress.
- Carry out commissioning and acceptance testing to verify that the solution implemented meets the requirements.
- Drive the detailed design of bespoke systems for customer specific requirements.
- Raise cases and tasks to support any necessary work required under Airwave’s change control processes.
- Oversee the configuration of the core network and customer specific equipment to implement customer requirements and formally document them.
- Support the network requirement to maintain the Primary and CHS cluster synchronisation of build and configuration.
- Supporting Business Continual Service Improvement initiatives.
- Attend customer meetings to support Business Relationship Managers and Sales Managers to ascertain and manage service expectations and requirements.
- Produce customer manuals, documents and handover material.
Join a highly successful company providing mission critical system for our emergency services customers. Develop new technical, engineering and customer skills.
You will work within a team of highly motivated engineers with many years of experience across many technologies.
You should be confident and motivated, a self-starter, able to work within a team or individually with little supervision.
Relevant degree qualified (2:1 or above) OR 5 years relevant experience.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Referral Payment Plan