CEON Machinery Controls Ltd are based in Tyrone and serve the OEM market with world class machinery control systems.
We are particularly strong in our local market where a wide variety of machinery manufacturers operate. We work very closely with these and have a very good understanding of their market requirements.
Due to our continued growth, we have fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our team.
Apply engineering principles, physics and electrical science for the analysis, design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of 3-phase electrical control panels/systems, Tier 3, 4, and 5 engine controls and custom wiring looms. Configure, detail, and release technical information to meet Customer specified requirements.
Reports To: Engineering Manager – Ceon Machinery Controls Ltd
· Work in conjunction with Sales to understand Customer technical requirements, including directly interfacing with the Customer when required.
· Use EPLAN Pro Panel and Harness proD electrical schematic software to create 2D and 3D models and drawings of products to meet Customer specified requirements.
· Develop and release BOMs to allow purchase and production control of parts and assemblies.
· Standardise designs as much as possible, and where practicable, encourage Customers to utilise standardised parts/systems.
· Organise and maintain design/engineering records. Comply with engineering change process when technical updates are required.
· Work to time deadlines to ensure adequate drawing/technical information is available to permit efficient manufacture to the intended design configuration. Specify and develop test protocols for production of manufactured parts.
· Research new materials, designs and methods/equipment for production.
· Specify and select cost-effective proprietary parts from suppliers. Specify supplier requirements when customised parts required.
· Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes/production build (if required).
· Ensure components and assemblies follow applicable electrical codes and industry standards.
· Resolve technical difficulties identified during production build, during customer usage/ commissioning or through failure in the field, and update design records to avoid re-occurrence in the future.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£38,000.00 per year