Business Area Description
Fortum is a leading clean-energy company that provides its customers with electricity, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. We want to engage our customers and society to join the change for a cleaner world. We employ some 9,000 professionals in the Nordic and Baltic countries, Russia, Poland and India. In 2017, our sales were EUR 4.5 billion and 61% of our electricity generation was CO2 free. Fortum's share is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. www.fortum.com
City Solutions division is responsible for developing sustainable city solutions into a growing business for Fortum. The division comprises heating and cooling, waste-to-energy, recycling and expertise sales.
Fortum O&M UK Ltd operates a gas turbine powered CHP plant in Grangemouth Scotland and seeks Senior C&I Engineer to strengthen their maintenance team.
In this role, you will take responsibility of the electrical and control & instrumentation systems of the power plant and related activities. Further details of the work scope:
Daily, weekly, annual and long term maintenance planning inclusive of maintenance outages
Management, implementation and supervision of electrical and C&I maintenance activities as well as hands-on plant maintenance, fault finding, diagnosis and repairs
Operation and maintenance of electrical systems (33kV/15kV/6.6kV/415V/110V)
Operation and maintenance of DCS and PLC systems
Operation and maintenance of gas turbine control systems
Spare parts management inclusive of purchasing of materials and services
Management and development of company process IT systems
Management of company IT systems
Optimization of plant efficiency and availability
Planning and control of annual budgets
Training and development of staff within your team
Life cycle management of electrical and C&I systems
Administrative duties, such as maintaining and updating business management system, management of change and O&M documentation.
We offer you
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate with excellent rates of pay. You would be a member of a small skilled team working for a company striving to be a forerunner in its industry.
- Degree (B.Sc.) in electrical or C&I engineering.
- Experience in power generation electrical, instrumentation and control systems, utilising possibly some of the following: heavy rotating plant, steam raising plant, gas turbine plant, or steam turbine plant
- Working, hands-on experience in process plant electrical systems.
- Working, hands-on experience in process plant instrumentation of various types and ages (e.g. pressure, temperature, flow, level, and vibration measurement systems)
- Experience with control and shut off valves with associated actuating systems
- Experience with DCS and PLC systems
- Ability to read single line drawings, P&IDs, PLC programs, function diagrams and other technical documentation
- Fluent computer skills on Microsoft based applications
Please send your application via our online recruitment tool no later than the 27th March 2020. For further information, please contact Ari Kiuru, email@example.com, tel. +44 1324 477625.
To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.