ABOUT COHORT SOFTWARE, PART OF THE CORITY GROUP:
Cohort Software, part of the Cority group of companies, leverages its cutting-edge SaaS-based technology and Occupational Health software product to partner with organisations around the world to effect meaningful change in the way Occupational Health is managed.
Cohort Software stands by its customers as they attain performance goals, reduce risks, enhance corporate productivity, and create a healthier workforce. Cohort Software is an ISO 27001 company based in the heart of Birmingham and one of the leading Midlands SME’s.
We are looking for a Software Developer to be a key member of the development team working on Cohort, our flagship Occupational Health Software. You will be utilising the latest .NET technologies in an agile environment. You will need to be self-motivated, willing to work hard and be able to fit in well with a small team. You will be involved in the full ongoing life cycle of application development within an agile environment, from documenting requirements, producing designs, building, and ongoing technical support.
- Designing, architecting and developing existing and new features for our flagship product
- rafting code to a high standard that is efficient, maintainable and consistent
- Collaborating with the development team, testers, project leads and clients, to ensure solutions put in place are to a high standard and fit for purpose
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the development team through your day to day work
- Supporting new development processes and procedures
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A computer science or related degree with a high level of computer science content or equivalent qualification/industry experience
- Commercial experience in an Agile development environment
- Commercial experience with Unit test frameworks, such as XUnit
- Experience of developing applications for Microsoft Azure
- Passion for creating great applications and solving customer problems
- Keenness to learn new skills and technologies
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Must have the ability to work both independently as well as within a team environment
- Commercial experience with ASP.NET/C#
- Experience developing software with a multi-tenanted architecture
- Web API experience
- Experience with continuous integration, using Bitbucket Pipelines, Azure DevOps, or equivalent.
- Experience with Microservices and containers
- Experience with authorisation protocols, such as SAML and OAUTH
- Ability to design and create beautiful, mobile friendly UIs
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Friendly work environment with a focus on career growth for employees
- Central location with all local amenities nearby, a lunch room with pool table, dart board and a view over the Birmingham skyline.