Feb 17, 2020
Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Glasgow
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Enterprise Technology Services
Provides a reliable, secure and agile technical platform for Morgan Stanley’s business applications and operations. ETS enables business operations and delivers collaboration and productivity tools to our internal and external clients. ETS provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services and delivers first-line defenses to manage the IT risks to the Firm, address the evolving cyber threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations. ETS also works with Investment Banking to manage the Firm’s strategic relationships with the technology community, including venture capitalists, established technology companies, and start-ups.
A WINDOWS EndPoint Infrastructure Security Engineer specialising in desktop/endpoint data security technologies is required to work in the Global IT Security Engineering Team, providing the highest level of security consultancy and engineering support. The role will initially focus on designing & supporting endpoint data security controls and tooling in a global enterprise with the opportunity to expand into other cloud platforms. The role is suited to an experienced desktop/endpoint, Windows, Infrastructure or Security Engineer with a proven understanding in enterprise security. This role is primarily engineering project based, with numerous opportunities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
- Working within the Security Engineering team to support desktop/endpoint data security products & controls
- Implementing security control architecture using vendor products (Microsoft, Symantec, etc) and in-house solutions
- Integrating new solutions with existing infrastructure. For example, logging and reporting solutions, entitlements management solutions, etc
- On-boarding solutions with various stakeholders: Security Operations Team, DLP Policy Team, Incident Review Team, Windows Desktop/Server Operations Team, etc
- Advising Policy Team on policy best practices.
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining documentation for security controls
- Opportunity to develop security solutions on other cloud platforms such as AWS
- Design & implementation of data security technologies on a WINDOWS desktop & server platforms
- Ongoing management & maintenance of security platforms,
- Continuous improvement of the services being delivered
- Symantec endpoint product suites (DLP & SEP)
- Automation of BAU tasks (maintenance, Housekeeping, build & testing) in the ongoing support of the data security platforms
- Windows OS Administration (Desktop and Server)
- Windows Active Directory Administration
- Windows OS Debugging
- Advanced PowerShell Scripting
- Network Debugging
- Enterprise Security: General Security Concepts, Data Loss Prevention, SIEM Integration, Splunk, etc
- DevOps: Infrastructure as code, continuous integration, continuous delivery, testing automation, etc
- Agile: Kanban/Scrum, Jira, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting & problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills: communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AO1
Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our LinkedIn page and Youtube channel.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.