We are currently seeking applications for a Third Engineer within Marine Scotland based in Victoria Quay, Edinburgh. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
The successful candidates will be expected to work on all vessels in the Marine Scotland Fleet if required. The fleet consists of MRV Alba Na Mara and MRV Scotia which are 27 metres and 69 metres in length respectively. Research cruises vary in length, but generally are no more than 22 days.
The Marine Protection Vessels are Minna, Jura and Hirta. Minna is 47 metres in length and both Jura and Hirta are 84 metres in length. These vessels carry out patrols which normally last 21 days.
All vessels work double manning allowing for trip on/trip off rostering.
- Engineering Officer of the Watch Certificate of Competency
- All relevant STCW certification including Proficiency in Designated Security Duties.
- Valid ENG 1 (Unrestricted)
If you fail to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, your application will be automatically sifted out.
1. Possession of EOOW CoC.
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Recent experience sailing on vessels with diesel electric propulsion systems.
4. Confidence in all aspects of vessel maintenance and awareness of the safe working practices required.
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via this website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jim Cahill who can be reached at Jim.Cahill@gov.scot.