At the Lanes Group nothing is more important than the health, safety and welfare of our people and our customers. It’s a major reason we are the UK’s largest independent specialist drainage contractor, with a turnover in excess of £200 million, over 2000 people and a country wide network of branches.
The Lanes Lining team are responsible for all aspects of the lining process including pipe cleaning,
patch lining, CCTV operation, robotic cutting and full-length liner installation on Thames water
Monday to Friday
£25,000 - £29,000 per annum depending on experience plus overtime.
20 days holiday + bank holidays; health cash plan; free onsite parking; auto enrolment pension scheme; friendly working environment.
About the Role:
The role involves daily patching and lining work involving the preparation and installation of lining
repairs, making sure pipelines to be worked on are identified and cleaned, and in some cases
- Responsible for preparing the work area and ensuring equipment and materials are set out and
available for lining installations and to cover operation and contingencies. To communicate any
problems arising from pre-works scoping to the Site Supervisor.
- Ability to operate CCTV cameras to identify location of faults, pre and post survey, aid with
installations of liners/patches and extraction of packers
- Operating the robot cutter for the reinstatement of connections and junctions after being lined
over including cutting out roots, scaling and intruding connections.
- Responsible for allocating and recording all works on the tough book (onsite PC) therefore
allowing the operator to know planned Operations for the day and report on progress of jobs on
- You will be required to report on all aspects of the job and aid with any technical problems
onsite. Paperwork will need completing daily with complete and accurate information on