Born out of frustration with the traditional cash register business, ShopKeep was designed by a retailer with a noble aim: to rescue independent business owners from the nightmare of archaic point of sale systems, and replace them with something beautiful, simple, and affordable. It turned out that by doing this, we were giving our fellow merchants a fighting chance against the big guys.
Today, our mission is simple:
empower independent business owners to dream big and to fight smart. We're doing this through our cloud-based architecture, amazing customer care, and intuitive software that delivers the data small business owners need to run smarter businesses.
At ShopKeep, we've been successful because of our awesome team that believes small businesses make up the heart of our communities.
About This Role
ShopKeep is seeking an IT Engineer to join our team based in Belfast, UK! You will provide insightful advice and friendly, hands-on technical support to our internal customers, both local and remote. You're the go-to when they run into issues with hardware, systems, SaaS services, video-conferencing, phones, dashboards, and pretty much anything technology related. You'll quickly diagnose product issues on the spot, explaining solutions with patience, empathy, and clarity. In addition to managing the daily technical upkeep, you're someone that excels in self-directed, and project-focused environments. You maintain composure and customer focus even while troubleshooting/solving urgent technical issues.
ShopKeep is regularly tackling new initiatives and technologies. An ideal candidate will be savvy with existing technologies, ready to learn new concepts, and excited about taking ownership of technical projects. We're looking for someone comfortable working both independently and with teams to create inventive solutions and scale existing systems and services.
Even if you're juggling more than one issue, you stay conscious of the user's time demands as well as your own and strive for an exceptional experience for all users. You fulfill service commitments with style, speed, and skill. Think of this role as our own in-house Apple Genius. If you are passionate about problem-solving, emerging technologies and delivering fantastic customer experiences, you're the kind of person we are looking for.
What You Will Do
- Handle inbound requests in JIRA ticketing system
- Configure, manage, and maintain Information Technology for all locations. (SaaS services, MDM, Macs, iPads, conferencing equipment, phone systems, dashboards)
- Work to automate the onboarding process for a growing company
- Maintain organizational security and compliance requirements
- Ordering and purchasing of equipment
- Draft and maintain internal knowledge base documentation
- Inventory and Device Management
- Firm grasp of troubleshooting theory and component isolation in hardware, software, and SaaS environments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive background in Mac and iOS administration
- Experience with G-Suite, Github, Meraki Dashboard, Atlassian, Slack, AWS, OneLogin, and other cloud-based/SaaS system administration is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of VoIP phones, contact center administration, and IVR scripting preferred
- Comfortable working with both remote and on-site teams
- Ability to work independently but leverage the broader team when necessary
- Knowledge of IPv4 networking & troubleshooting
- Understanding of office environments and their requirements
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and able to task-switch seamlessly
- Experience with compliance requirements (PCI, HIPAA, GDPR)
- Health Insurance with Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Life and Income Protection Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Benefits
- Discounts on Gym Memberships and Fitness Equipment
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous Referral Bonus Program for Technology Roles
- Pension Scheme
...and the bare necessities
- Lively and enriching Engineering culture
- Regularly scheduled hackathons, meetups and Tech Talks
- Opportunity to attend Engineering Conferences, thanks to our generous company conference budget
- Newsletters produced by Engineering teams
- Cross-office collaboration between our NYC and Belfast teams with the opportunity to travel to our different offices
- Regular team events, including Happy Hours and Game Nights
- Catered lunches
- Breakout area to play pool and relax
- Yoga classes
- Standing desks
ShopKeep is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on grounds of religious belief or political opinion. Furthermore, we don't discriminate based on gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, nationality, or any other individual characteristics. We practice equality of opportunity in employment and select the best person for the job.
To demonstrate our commitment to equality of opportunity in employment we need to monitor the community background of our applicants and employees, as required by the Fair Employment and Treatment (NI) Order 1998. You are not obliged to answer the questions on this form and you will not suffer any penalty if you choose not to do so. Any information that you provide will remain confidential and will only be used for monitoring and reporting purposes.
If you answer the questions about your community background and gender you are obliged to do so truthfully, as it is a criminal offence under the Fair Employment (Monitoring) Regulations (NI) 1999 to knowingly give false answers to these questions.