At the beginning of April 2019 we set out to create our brand new Global Supply Chain Service Centre, designed to manage our supply chain and order management needs across Europe for all our customers. Several months later we now have a fantastic team who in their first week achieved far more than asked of them, ensuring efficient delivery of materials and the highest standard of customer satisfaction.
Due to their success we have seen an increase in work load, so we are looking for two more Material Planners for additional support. We are open to your level of experience, as long as you have exposure to a supply chain/ purchasing environment. You need to be motivated by working in a fast- paced environment with minimal supervision and you understand the importance of working collaboratively and fostering open communications. We are still developing the department, so there is endless opportunities for professional progression, whether that means managing your own team one day or developing your knowledge by working across different functions.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Initiate purchase and work orders to support the demand plan.
- Participate on allocation calls with Sourcing Manager, supplier, and other Cummins entities to understand nature and impact of constraints.
- Collaborate with suppliers to reduce lead time and order quantities balancing supply with demand.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Planners across the organization to reposition excess inventory to locations with supporting demand.
- Create accurate, timely updates specific to inventory availability and back order recovery plans.
- Manage part change requests and ramp up / ramp down activities to meet demand while minimizing excess and obsolete inventory.
- Reconcile order boards for critical suppliers, critical parts, and past due orders on a routine basis.
- Support the Deliver Supplier Improvement Process initiative to improve performance metrics.
- Document and follows-up on action items impacting the ability to execute the plan.
- Own delivery of supplier schedules that supports end Customer needs.
- Flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet business goals.
- Follow applicable standard work, process documentation, and quality procedures.
- Collect data on material planning master data (lead time, order quantities, etc.) to support Plan for Every Part (PFEP)
To be a success in this role you will need:
- Relevant work experience or specialized skills obtained through education, training, or on-the-job experience in an equivalent field such as materials planning, production scheduling, inventory control, purchasing/ procurement.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle or a similar ERP package would be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills teamed with the ability to build rapport with a diverse range of people whether they are a part of Cummins or an external supplier.
- The ability to organise and prioritise your own work load.
- To be detail orientated, ensuring the correct information is provided always and documents are always correct and up to date.
- To be an advocate for change and share your ideas in how we can streamline process and procedures.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary between £23 - £26,000 depending on experience
- Defined contribution pension scheme - company contributions 5%
- Annual bonus plan - target 5%(based on company performance)
- Contributions towards Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan - support toward medical, optical and dental costs
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employee discount scheme - covering 100's of retailers
Cummins Inc., a global power technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, engineer, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and electrical power generation systems.
Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, we employ over 58,000 people worldwide and serve customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 7,400 dealer locations. Cummins had net income of nearly $1 billion and revenues of $20.4 billion in 2017.
SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Office
Feb 26, 2020, 4:23:48 AM